Applisonix hair removal-your views, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fee88

Reaction score
Introduced this hair removal machine into the salon 2 years ago this month and I have been left SO disheartened by the results! Could any therapist using this machine give me your feedback on how you have been getting on with it? Just that we got a letter in last week to say that the probes for the machine have tripled in price which has left me fuming as have dropped prices of treatment as it is so slow! Any advise on what ye have done would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance, very deflated therapist:cry:! Fiona x

Anyboby using this machine????

Hi Fiona,
I just joined salon geek to see if I could find any posts from others using Applisonix, and here you are !
I have been using it for about 11 months, I had been looking at the system for about a year because a salon about 7 miles from me was using it and I had heard she was packed out with clients wanting the treatment. I even sent a few of my loyal clients to try it out, I had good feedback so decided to go for it £7200 later....
I am getting such a variety of results a handful have responded well, some are coming weekly and I each time they come in I pray that there is less hair ! It is definitely finer hair on most.
I could not believe when I tried to order a new probe a couple of days ago , the price, how could it go up that much, and how are we as therapists supposed to increase our prices to that extent ? I am so angry I just don t know what to do either.
I have to buy the probes I can't stop the treatment now .
What do you charge per treatment ?
Jo x

Hi Jo, thanks for you reply, we were charging 25€ per 15 min of treatment at the start. I had clients coming in every 3 weeks for 15mins right up to 1hour 30min sessions. I still have alot of clients on the applisonix but have told quiet a few clients to stongly consider if it is really worth the money for them and it is there choice and to really decide in the next few months (most ppl for 1hr I have lowered price to €50 as sooo slow!) We can not afford to lower the price of treatments anymore as we are barely making anything on it at the moment so I was very angry to say the least when I got the letter with the new prices on it which are shockingly high to be honest!! I have found results really varied- but overall im not impressed with the results- so slow and not what we were promised over 2years ago when we did the initial training.

It's so hard to know what to do, I have just ordered a new probe and 10 tips which came too £800, I have been taking around £800 in treatments over the last few months so I have to carry on, and just hope I get even more business from it. Some people have given up with the treatment as they don't think it works, people want over night results and that is not going to happen. Other clients are getting brilliant results, so it baffles me.
Good luck anyway.
Jo xx

I am too furious with this unacceptable price increase when salons are on their knees , it is just wrong

I feel completely lied to when I purchase machine I was told I would need to replace probe twice a year I use 6 times that and I had to cut the price because clients were not coming back . The supplier has done himself no favors , it is an unacceptable rise in this current climate sure salons are closing down every week . I can understand a slight increase but nearly 200% is just not on to salons who have bough machines in good faith . Do they honestly think genuine salon owners will have any trust in them for future products?I am extremely angry and feel we should all get together and protest this ridiculous price increase.

I stopped doing Applisonix 8 months ago for all of the above reasons and feel let down and betrayed by the company. It is really bad way to do business and I would not trust anything else this company tries to and launch.I feel angry for me and my clients who invested in this method that never gave great results lets face it!!!

Hi,
Just wanted to revive this thread, and wondered how others are finding the Applisonix treatment.
I have just had 2 faulty probes on the trot and have had to cancel clients twice now.
I am wondering what to do as the company has me over a barrel I feel, after paying £7000 + for the machine and getting all of my clients transferred over to the treatment I feel I can not get rid of the machine as clients have invested so much into the treatment.
Results vary hugely some respond quickly and get good results others not so good.

Any advice ? What have others done ?

I know a good few people who have this machine one of them used to distribute parts for it too but they have stopped dealing with the company now because of certain issues if you pm me I'll give you there details as I'm sure they'd be really helpful

I too have had problem with malfunctioned probes and had to cancel customers , customers not a bit happy and neither am I . The company don't seem to care that much and spoke to me as if I was over reacting . I would never treat my customers like that and felt even an apology for the circumstance was the least to expect but no . At the exorbitant price for tips and probes they should be bending over backwards to keep customers as I'm sure all us salon owners do in these recessionary times . I'm afraid the damage has been done now and I'd be on the lookout for an alternative treatment . Horrible to hear of people taken for a ride .

Jo I got your pm today thanks . Nice to see salon owners supporting each other , sorry to hear you're in the same position and feel duped by the applisonix company . It's terrible to feel helpless and immoral of the company after you forking out thousands to them . Money talks . In future make sure to check out distribution company and ring around salons and ask about their customer aftercare . Many other salons I've spoken to feel conned also . Nice as pie when you are about to purchase but don't care when you run into problems .:hug:

Thankyou for your replies.
I will definitely be doing extra homework with regards to treatments I take on and equipment I invest in.
You live and learn I guess xx

I have never heard of them and I have been doing laser hair removal for nearly 8 years, sorry but that alone would put me right off!

Latest posts

Back