Patch testing for eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopkica

Reaction score
I've never done this before but want to do a new client. Do I just add a few lashes to the end of one of her eyes leave for 24 hours and see for any reactions? I don't really want to put the glue on her skin :-/

Thanks all xx

I've never done this before but want to do a new client. Do I just add a few lashes to the end of one of her eyes leave for 24 hours and see for any reactions? I don't really want to put the glue on her skin :-/

Thanks all xx

Hello,

Worryingly, the patch test procedure should have been covered in your training...

H x

I know but it was two years ago now, I know I should do patch testing but being mobile it's not always possible xx

I know but it was two years ago now, I know I should do patch testing but being mobile it's not always possible xx

I've been told 2 ways by 2 different trainers

The ol' fashioned way, dab behind ear

Or add 2-3 short lashes to the outer edge of lash line. Better if you and client have the time.

H x

Last edited:
Cool i might do the behind the ear one then, have you then had to remove this or do you literally do like a tiny bit!

Thanks so much! xx

Cool i might do the behind the ear one then, have you then had to remove this or do you literally do like a tiny bit!

Thanks so much! xx

Just a dab on a bud, Hun.

H x

I have been told never to put the glue ont he skin as its not meant to come into contact with it.

I patch test by putting a few on the corners of the eye - the senstivity would be to the fumes or glue around the eye so essentially patch testing behind the ear wouldnt show any sensitivity in the correct area.

I train to put a couple of lashes on each eye. Really you should be doing it the way you were trained for your insurance also if its been two years since you trained have you not done any lashes since to patch test?? I'm mobile and I still go out and do a patch test.

Thanks all.

No i dont do patch testing. Ive ever had a problem in two years but im sceptical about this client as she has had problems before with others she has used.

If my clients get any sign of irritiation i go round and remove them completetly.

So do you travel far out to people? Im based in Essex and travel to London sometimes to do sets so petrol wise if i went across london and back then back again to do a set it wouldnt even be worth my while doing a set. :o/ Im sot really sure how to tackle this one really.

Thanks for all your help ladies

xx

I would double check your insurance as most insist on a patch test otherwise any client you do will be void of insurance cover and its pretty worthless otherwise

I add a few lashes. The glue should never come into contact with the skin so behind the ear isn't the best way realistically xx

when your working with eyes I just dont take the risk i patch test also I cant risk my insurance not covering me if i just miss that one patch test and something happens. Surely that was covered in your training?

You should absolutely NEVER put the glue onto the skin as you can cause a burn.

Patch tests must be done by applying a few lashes to the eye and leaving for 24 hours.

We all know patch testing is awkward - I am totally with you there - but for the health and saftey of the client and also not wishing to invalidate your insurance, it is a must xx

Thanks all

I didnt put it on her skin i just applied a couple of lashes on the end of each eye so we shall see.

xxx

Latest posts

Back