Chin wax help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautytreats75

Reaction score
Please can anyone give me any advice. I have a client who had been shaving het chin!! I know!! Ive managed to convince her to have waxing instead. I tried to wax her chin, Not many of the hairs came. So i told her to leave it another week and i would wax it again. I did thid and sgsin hardley any hairs came out. The hairs are SO coarse!!! Im wondering if i should even keep bothering. Are they ever gonna soften and all come out??
I would be grateful of any advice thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

The hairs are SO coarse!!! Im wondering if i should even keep bothering.

Well unless she wants to join the circus as The Bearded Lady, of course you have to keep bothering!:) They will improve but tell her to not tweeze in between appointments.

Are you really pressing the wax strip against the wax so it grips the hairs fully?
Have you tried non strips wax as this is better for stronger hair?
It's quite common to have a few hairs behind,these can easily be tweezered.
Make sure she's coming in every four weeks( 3 if really quick regrowth) and not shaving or tweezering in between.

Lol thanks kim ;-)
Yeah i am really pressing it to try and get grip. Im trying to keep convinsing her it will get better but dont know how much longer shes gonna stay away from the rasor!!

I would try non strip wax then. It is good for those shorter,stronger hairs. Failing that,if she insists on shaving in between treatments she can have more tweezering than waxing, electrolysis or laser treatment. You can't win em all unfortunately but persevere and hopefully you will get her hair into a nice cycle and she will be a happy, repeat client.

Thank you :)

SLightly off- topic, but can anyone tell me what is the best way to apply non-strip wax to the chin, as in where to apply first etc.
Thanks in advance :)

Not dissing the wax method but if she's got really tough, coarse hairs she sounds like an ideal candidate for blend electrolysis - particularly if she wants rid of the hairs permanently. Have you asked her if she has any underlying reason for the hair growth (pcos?).
If she fancies electrolysis then shaving is EXACTLY what she should be doing between treatments so she doesn't distort the follicles.

little voyce we were taught that clients should definitely not shave between electrolysis treatments as they will only increase the appearance of any fine vellus hairs in the area. Would you not advise trimming facial hairs instead?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

little voyce we were taught that clients should definitely not shave between electrolysis treatments as they will only increase the appearance of any fine vellus hairs in the area. Would you not advise trimming facial hairs instead?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

would that not depend on how much hair was there? to trim i think is fine if there's only a scattering of hairs on the chin but if there's a lot and it's running on down the neck then the lady may feel she needs to keep the part i am not working on , temporarily clear untill i 'catch up' .

Latest posts

Back