How do you get your tint so neat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
Girls and boys..

I usually lash and tan a lot so this is a bit new to me.

I'm trying to tint and get a nice effect.

I'm trained in waxing too so I'm waxing and tinting brows. I thought I was doing ok until I saw some of your pictures and mine are awful. How do you get your tint so tidy and looking so fab?

Is there a specific brush you use? X

Any tips for the perfect brows would be very much appreciated x

When I get mine done they use a orange wood stick to neaten it up?
probably no help at all..... lol

When I get mine done they use a orange wood stick to neaten it up?
probably no help at all..... lol

No actually that's a huge help! Thanks love x

When I do my own I use a very thin tint brush like a paint brush to keep it neat. When I pay to get them done when they need tidying up properly the lady I go to tints first then waxes afterwards, so the wax removes any tint staining on the skin that is outside the line of the brow shape she wants. I hope that makes sense!

xx

When I do my own I use a very thin tint brush like a paint brush to keep it neat. When I pay to get them done when they need tidying up properly the lady I go to tints first then waxes afterwards, so the wax removes any tint staining on the skin that is outside the line of the brow shape she wants. I hope that makes sense!

xx

Yeah I do always tint then wax hun. Makes total sense cx thank u x

I go round with a damp cotton bud and remove excess tint to give a nice clean line.

i use vaseline around the outside of the brow before i tint, i always wax after tinting.

i use vaseline around the outside of the brow before i tint, i always wax after tinting.
Same here, we were taught to put vaseline around the brow to stop any smudged colour from staining.

I apply vaseline around the brow first,tint using a little brush,whilst the tint is on i neaten up the line with a cotton bud, remove tint then wax :)

i use an artdeco lip brush to apply my tint. ( i have my own strange little foibles).:biggrin:if i have to tidy up i just use a folded damp cotton disc.

I don't use Vaseline at all on the brows,I use an eyelash tinting brush and the end of an orange stick for the outer corners, this I use to extend the ends of the brows if needed and to clarify any edges.
Tinting should always take place first,not to remove any staining(even though it does:biggrin:) but because the follicles are open after waxing and you don't want the tint seeping into these follicles.hth

I apply the tint and then create the brow shape by wiping it off with a damp cotton bud.

This may sound odd - but how do you get the tint to tint the skin? i find it hard to tint the skin as well as the hair and therefore find it difficult to make that nice thick look! :Scared:

^ Push the tint right through to the skin. Apply in the direction of hair growth, and against. This should ensure that everywhere is thoroughly covered!

This may sound odd - but how do you get the tint to tint the skin? i find it hard to tint the skin as well as the hair and therefore find it difficult to make that nice thick look! :Scared:

Was wondering this myself lol x

^ Push the tint right through to the skin. Apply in the direction of hair growth, and against. This should ensure that everywhere is thoroughly covered!

Does this only work with dark hair. You never see pics with fair hair. Was going to try this on myself, my hair is reddish blonde and usually use brown tint but scared incase I look stupid lol x

Does this only work with dark hair. You never see pics with fair hair. Was going to try this on myself, my hair is reddish blonde and usually use brown tint but scared incase I look stupid lol x

My eyebrows are reddish blonde and I use brown hun xx

No, it should work with any colour of tint as long as it's making good contact with the skin (although lighter tints will come up lighter, obviously). Give it a try... Better trying on yourself rather than a client! ;)

The tint doesn't last nearly as long on the skin as it does on the hair, though.

Thanks. Will give it a go at weekend:) x

Vaseline around before applying tint and tidy with a cotton tip. You'll get a neat finish every time.

Latest posts

Back