Eyeshadow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie_c_06

Reaction score
how do i achieve this look? how do you make the glitter stay in place and look so neat?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333537194.349277.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1333537194.349277.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 227
I don't do make up but this picture looks extensively photoshopped.

I HATE these types of pictures. Gives completely unrealistic expectations

I don't do make up but this picture looks extensively photoshopped.

I HATE these types of pictures. Gives completely unrealistic expectations

I so agree with you elliebee. xx

Whenever i practice looks like this (im not a makeup artist) i apply a think layer of petroleum jelly over the eyelid and pat eye shadow powder or glitter on with a disposable sponge applicator :)
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

ohh i will have a go at that! thanks vicki!

I think vaseline would crease wouldn't it? It always has whenever I've tried that and it's one of my pet peeves! :biggrin:

You guys are right though, it does look photoshopped! But I would try eyelash glue instead. I did this when I did glitter brows on someone (Poison Ivy make up!) and I put a blob of glue on my hand then dipped my finger in the glue then the glitter and sort of smeared it on, as this worked better than dabbing, I found. You could probably do this with a flat brush though if you prefer, but I've never tried that.

The main tips I have for glitter on eyes is do your foundation afterwards so you can clean up. Sellotape is good for getting rid of excess glitter. If you're doing it on someone else, tip their head right back so it doesn't drop down onto the cheeks as much.

I might have to give this a go at the weekend just to see if I can get it anything like this! haha.

I think vaseline would crease wouldn't it? It always has whenever I've tried that and it's one of my pet peeves! :biggrin:

You guys are right though, it does look photoshopped! But I would try eyelash glue instead. I did this when I did glitter brows on someone (Poison Ivy make up!) and I put a blob of glue on my hand then dipped my finger in the glue then the glitter and sort of smeared it on, as this worked better than dabbing, I found. You could probably do this with a flat brush though if you prefer, but I've never tried that.

The main tips I have for glitter on eyes is do your foundation afterwards so you can clean up. Sellotape is good for getting rid of excess glitter. If you're doing it on someone else, tip their head right back so it doesn't drop down onto the cheeks as much.

I might have to give this a go at the weekend just to see if I can get it anything like this! haha.

wow thanks for the advice! this is
why i love salon geek! if you do try can u please post a
picture and let me no how u get kn?
thanks!

I just mix glitter with primer. It makes it creamy and easy to apply and it doesnt smear to places you dont want it to :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

If its only a very very thin layer it doesn't crease :)
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi, never posted on skin geek before but this look is definitely achievable. You can buy fixing glue especially for glitter and I'm pretty sure BarryM does one! (if you can't find one, PM me and I will let you know of a website where you can defo get one from)

I first prep and seal the eye lid, I then highlight under the brow and the tear duct. I would then do the black smoky part and them say for example you have a purple glitter I would use a purple pigment under the glitter for a more intense colour. Apply the fixing gel on top of the pigment and apply the glitter with a brush. It's a beautiful look and I use it all the time
Hope that helps

Hi, never posted on skin geek before but this look is definitely achievable. You can buy fixing glue especially for glitter and I'm pretty sure BarryM does one! (if you can't find one, PM me and I will let you know of a website where you can defo get one from)

I first prep and seal the eye lid, I then highlight under the brow and the tear duct. I would then do the black smoky part and them say for example you have a purple glitter I would use a purple pigment under the glitter for a more intense colour. Apply the fixing gel on top of the pigment and apply the glitter with a brush. It's a beautiful look and I use it all the time
Hope that helps

wow thanks so
much! please can you pm me where i can get fixing glue from?

I've PMd you hun xx

I always use vasaline, and it stays on. and for lips! x

I did this years ago with glitter and Vaseline.

The image is not photo shopped or edited in any way.

I also did one with gold leaf and attached using clear lipgloss

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359740944.991205.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359740944.991205.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Back