How many tans before needing an extractor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Just wondering how many tans you could do (one after the other) in a day before needing to invest in an extractor?

I'm mobile at the moment, but thinking of looking at local beauty rooms & hair salons to see if there was a chance of renting a room from them a couple of nights a week and on Saturday's. So I'm thinking I would have to invest in an extractor?

Also, if the room has an extractor fan in it always, is this sufficient enough?

Thanks

As you are a mobile therapist, there isn't really any need for an extractor aslong as you clean you equipment daily, ensuring you clean the filter in your machine ever day! If you are looking to work in a fixed venue, it would be advisable to purchase one as a there can be a build up over-spray in a room, especially if you're going to be busy.
Kind Regards Trinitia.

As you are a mobile therapist, there isn't really any need for an extractor aslong as you clean you equipment daily, ensuring you clean the filter in your machine ever day! If you are looking to work in a fixed venue, it would be advisable to purchase one as a there can be a build up over-spray in a room, especially if you're going to be busy.
Kind Regards Trinitia.

Sorry to jump on this thread but have a problem.
I have a TS50, only been doing this for few weeks and last Thurs night sprayed 2 clients. After the 1st I noticed a lot of overspray by the time I had finished it was very misty and my kitchen units had solution on them.
I have the gun set on rugby ball flat and on no.3. Have tried it on tall rugby ball but the spray is very narrow (no overspray).
Had a client earlier tried again on tall ball but had to change it. Again some overspray, even had some up my nose (not good feeling lol)
Some say it has to be on flat ball and on no. 4 or 5 but if I did this there would be more tan in the kitchen than on client. Don't really know how to solve this. There is no way I can go to clients houses when I'm getting this overspray.
Please help:(

Sorry to jump on this thread but have a problem.
I have a TS50, only been doing this for few weeks and last Thurs night sprayed 2 clients. After the 1st I noticed a lot of overspray by the time I had finished it was very misty and my kitchen units had solution on them.
I have the gun set on rugby ball flat and on no.3. Have tried it on tall rugby ball but the spray is very narrow (no overspray).
Had a client earlier tried again on tall ball but had to change it. Again some overspray, even had some up my nose (not good feeling lol)
Some say it has to be on flat ball and on no. 4 or 5 but if I did this there would be more tan in the kitchen than on client. Don't really know how to solve this. There is no way I can go to clients houses when I'm getting this overspray.
Please help:(

Mine is exactly the same!?! But if I put the gun on a lower setting hardly any comes out? So glad it's not just me x

Xxx

Mine does exactly the same, i did 3 tan in a row and i felt really bunged up after!!!

I'm going to see how I get on with my next spray tan. I have stripped it down and cleaned it but if it's still the same then I am going to contact the supplier. This cannot be right:(x

Hi,

I would suggest a extractor fan if you are oing more than about 3 tans a time mobile, and if you do get a room in a shop I would suggest that you use an extractor at all times as this stops the amount of solution that both you and your client breath in and also the over spray so you wouldn't get much mess and this will stop walls etc in the room becoming too stained.

Thanks

Leela

Hi,

I would suggest a extractor fan if you are oing more than about 3 tans a time mobile, and if you do get a room in a shop I would suggest that you use an extractor at all times as this stops the amount of solution that both you and your client breath in and also the over spray so you wouldn't get much mess and this will stop walls etc in the room becoming too stained.

Thanks

Leela

Aah thankyou so much for answering MY question!! ;) That's really helpful. So I now know I need to consider the cost of an extractor fan if I am to rent a room. If the room already has an extractor fan (built in to the wall), do I still need to buy a standalone one for the back of the tent? Not sure if it's the same thing or not. Thanks

just bumping this coz i would love to know the same question.
kizzy x

Hi

If there is already some kind of extraactor unit in the room you shouldnt need another as long as it is powerful however after having a room with an extractor built in on the wall, i was still left with brown walls so I do feel an extractor at the back of a booth or tent is better!

If you need anymore information please feel free to contact myself either [email protected] or 0757 843 7921

Thanks x

Just wondering how many tans you could do (one after the other) in a day before needing to invest in an extractor?

I'm mobile at the moment, but thinking of looking at local beauty rooms & hair salons to see if there was a chance of renting a room from them a couple of nights a week and on Saturday's. So I'm thinking I would have to invest in an extractor?

Also, if the room has an extractor fan in it always, is this sufficient enough?

Thanks

this is a bit of a how long is a piece of string type question unfortunately as the need for air purification of airborne particles is very much dependent on a number of factors
1) existing air ventilation...
2) the amount of over spray produced during the application itself..technique as in how close to the skin do you apply
3)the level of any respiratory problems you or your customer may have..likewise pregnancy
4) the type of equipment being used...an airbrush system will generally produce much more and finer airborne particles compared to that of a HVLP system

It is important to make the working environment as clear as possible from airborne particles for both your own as well as your customers comfort and health perspectives

HTH :hug:

Latest posts

Back