Spray tan on dry skin!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireL

Reaction score
Hi All

I did my training with nouvatan last week and Ive had a couple of victims I mean volunteers to test my application on.....

One friend has very dry skin on her shins just above her feet she exfiolated throughly and I put extra barrier cream on these bits - however its still turned out abit dotty the rest of the tan she is happy with the colour etc but Im wondering what else I can do for future tans for people with extra dry skin?

Any advice - gratefully accepted

Sorry for any spelling etc - im on my lunch at work so thought id quickly pop the question on here now!

A way to help prevent this happening would be for example, if you were to spray a client on a Saturday, you could ask them to moisturise the dry area from monday to friday, exfoliate on that friday evening but do not apply moisturiser after exfoliating. This will help give the skin more moisture and should hopefully stop any issues. Still continue with what you have already doone, ie, apply barrier cream to the area, as this will help further.
King Regards Trinitia.

Thank you! I will give this out to her in future and anyone else who mentions dry skin!

Thanks again!

Claire x

Yes definitely as trinitia said.

but also I'll add my mum has the worst dry shins you could imagine & she moisturises & exfoliates herself to death. It Still looks dry when she comes for her tan so I just put a teeny bit of barrier cream on rubbed in well... when the tan is done it still looks slightly orangey around the shins but once the guide colour is washed off it's absolutely fine (I've checked her myself once it's developed) so don't worry too much x

Latest posts

Back