Spray tanning machine, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
I know this has been covered many a time, but I cannot find an answer I am looking for.

So what I want to know is, is what machine to purchase TS20 or TS50? I am a mobile therapist offering tans, however, I did have the Sienna X T220 tanning machine (think thats what its called), I didn't have many spray tans or people wanting a spray tanning party, but then again, I didn't have a website or really advertise. I am getting a website set up in about a week or two and wanted to know which one to go for.

I am going to purchase an extractor fan as I want to keep their house as clean as possible. I read that the TS20 can do 4 tans without a break, and if any more, it will need a 20 minute rest between each 4 tans and can do up to 10 tans a day. Is this correct? I expect to get one or two people wanting a tan per week - hopefully, or more if I can get it, but I don't want to fork out loads for the TS50 if I don't have the custom. Please help!

i have just got the ts20 hun from la tan, the man on the phone said that the 5008 and ts20 were the same but only the weight was different so if you are going to be mobile it is the ts20 that you want. As far as i know you can do several tans in one go, i have been doing 2 at a time a day with no probs

hope this helps

i have just got the ts20 hun from la tan, the man on the phone said that the 5008 and ts20 were the same but only the weight was different so if you are going to be mobile it is the ts20 that you want. As far as i know you can do several tans in one go, i have been doing 2 at a time a day with no probs

hope this helps

Hmm, I maybe wrong but I thought the ts50 was the same as 5008? I thought the ts20 was the smaller model? Anyway, OP, you need to decide on your clientele as you could get enquiries for spray parties where you will be doing more than the recommended tans for the smaller machine, I decided when I was buying my machine, I wanted the slightly better machine that I knew was capable of coping with more tans without the worry of the motor burning out.

Hmm, I maybe wrong but I thought the ts50 was the same as 5008? I thought the ts20 was the smaller model? Anyway, OP, you need to decide on your clientele as you could get enquiries for spray parties where you will be doing more than the recommended tans for the smaller machine, I decided when I was buying my machine, I wanted the slightly better machine that I knew was capable of coping with more tans without the worry of the motor burning out.

The thing is though, is that I have been doing spray tans for about 4 years now, and only ever sprayed my auntie, I've done a couple of her friends and my cousin. When I did advertise I got an enquiry asking for 2 tans at a time and then mostly one person asking so I think I am going to go for the 20 as it's cheaper and if i get more and more parties coming in, then I will switch to the 50, I have the funds to switch but would rather start off with the smaller one, as I can sell on the smaller one, but I don't want the huge outlay at the beginning if it doesn't take off. God i am trying to convince myself here but still confused.com. thanks though xx

My advice would by to get the TS50 and buy once.

You have said you think you will buy the TS20 and then may upgrade to the TS50.

Just get the TS50 and even if you don't get overly busy, the machine will pay for itself soon enough. Why buy something you know may well need replacing soon. Just get the best machine for the job and it's over and done with, the TS50 will last you a long time even if you don't get overly busy.

I had the same dilemma, and tried to let money hold me back. But for £50 or so difference it made sense to buy the TS50. At least then I'll be covered for tanning parties or just one client at a time. Training on Sat, can't wait to see my new pur-chase!! :D

I had the same dilemma, and tried to let money hold me back. But for £50 or so difference it made sense to buy the TS50. At least then I'll be covered for tanning parties or just one client at a time. Training on Sat, can't wait to see my new pur-chase!! :D

it's an extra £90 :( not sure what to do

it's an extra £90 :( not sure what to do

I'll say just go for it Carly! I did and feel better knowing i've got the best. Take the leap, and don't look back. Hopefully with hard work and determination you'll make your money back too. Good Luck! xx

How would you feel if you bought the cheaper one and it died in 6 months time because it was being used more than it should be as you suddenly became busier - then you have to pay out that price again plus the £90 for the better machine.

Just get the machine you know will do the job you need it to.

If your 100% sure you will NEVER need the machine to do more than 4 tans in a row or do more than 10 tans in a day then fine get the smaller machine but you seem to be hoping to get more tanning work by getting a website up & running soon etc... so you obviously think you might need the bigger machine.

Just get the TS50 and be done with it, no need to wonder if you will need to upgrade, no worries if someone does book in for a group of 5 or more tans, no need to learn how to use 2 different guns. Just get the machine learn how to adjust/set it and your set for a few years to come.

Latest posts

Back