Getting aggro from a tan client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treasure99

Reaction score
I did 7 tans last thurs eve. Well next day one of the girls text me and said she wasn't as brown as usual.
I offered to re-spray her. She was fine about it and thanked me for getting her in straight away.
I contacted all the ladies I'd tanned and another 2 also had prob, same thing not as dark as usual.( checked my gun and yes tan seemed not to be coming out continually, have contacted suntana and they have talked me through to fix it).didnt notice it at time as it wasn't obvious!
The others were all good. So the 3 of them (the last 3 i'd sprayed), I offered to respray, 1 came, 1 re-booked the other wasn't too fussed but I offered her a free one next time anyway.
So the one who re booked for mon, then cancelled due to sickness, re -arranged her for tues ( yesterday), she again cancelled with 5 hours notice due to childcare!
Now this girl and her mum between them have cancelled several appts last min! When this girl originally booked for thurs I was in 2 minds whether to just tell her I was busy!
She also wanted to book her mum in and I asked her mum to pre pay for the appt!
She then decided to cancel her mum.
So she text again this morn to re-book. Dates she asked for are for over weekend when I'm not working.
I replied to her saying I'm not happy to re-spray you as you have now cancelled several appts last minute.
Then she rings up ranting!

I feel I have given her 2 chances to correct my mistake and she has cancelled them both. Is this fair enough?
She is saying she's coming round my house to get money!!
Heart is racing!
I have a good rep in my area, have been tanning for 18 months and never had a prob :0

Well... personally I'd have maybe addressed it differently initially - but bit late now - for future though my take would be if there is an issue I'd offer to correct it within x number of days - if it's as "weak" as she stated she'd have wanted it corrected ASAP surely? Now the original tan has worn off and it a new tan rather than correcting the original IYSWIM?

Up to you what direction you go, if the client is likely to have the contacts to wreck your rep it may be worth trying to salvage the situation - advise her that you will book her in before x date, but you will not be working x-x dates. Use the explanation above :)

If you don't want to treat her again then simply explain that by cancelling with less than 5 hours before the appointment leaving you no time to re-book and thereby loosing money you will not be re-tanning her for free and any future treatments will require a deposit of 50% which will be forfeited if cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the appointment.

Personally as it was a problem with your gun and not anything the client has done then you should honour a free tan. I completely see why you are miffed at her behaviour but things do happen especially when u have kids. Just think of it from her point of view, her tans not good because of your equipment and now you are refusing to respray her.

Do you want to lose her, and potentially her friends and family, as clients?The damage might already have been done. Personally I would eat some humble pie and apologise and offer (again) to respray or just give her back her money if she insists. Sometimes by rectifying a bad situation well, you can in return gain a very loyal client.

If it had been her fault the tan turned out poor then I'd say stick to your guns.

Sorry if I sound harsh, just want to give you my honest opinion. HTH

I think you've given her more than enough chance! however as you have a good rep and you dont want to ruin it over this women telling everyone why dont you offer her one more appointment on the strict understanding that if she misses this appointment ALL future appointments will have to be paid in full before the appointment - if she isnt happy with this Id suggest looking at how much business she gives you vs how much business she costs you

x

You know what you should do don't you...... give her a refund but in 2's & 1's lol take them to the door & say sorry I have no money so there you go, hand her a bag full of change. Serves her right for being a pain in the ass.

being serious though, you've done nothing wrong so try not to worry (easier said than done) stick to what you have said & let her find someone else to try & bully :hug:

You dont want nor need customers like this xx

I think you should do the free tan, it not even been a week.

I do understand its a pain her always changing her dates. However the fault is yours and not her to as why the tan didn't take. It's all done now and theres not much you can do, however if you just did the respray you would of gained a client and not lost.

Next time maybe say I'll do a respray but say you will only do it within the next 3 days.

But this is what I offered to do and she cancelled twice, and like I say she is a real messer!
TBH, It isn't a great loss to not have her as a client!
I really don't think she could ruin my rep!
If it'd been any of the others it wouldn't of been a prob but with her it's one excuse after another!!

You know what you should do don't you...... give her a refund but in 2's & 1's lol take them to the door & say sorry I have no money so there you go, hand her a bag full of change. Serves her right for being a pain in the ass.

being serious though, you've done nothing wrong so try not to worry (easier said than done) stick to what you have said & let her find someone else to try & bully :hug:

You dont want nor need customers like this xx

Like that idea ;) she said she wants her money back in next hour or she's reporting me for cash in hand!
Yes I get paid cash but it's all declared so nothing to hide, but how spiteful!

Like that idea ;) she said she wants her money back in next hour or she's reporting me for cash in hand!

Reporting you for cash in hand... what an idiot! Tell her to do it & also tell her if she carrys on you'll be getting her done for harassment, log all the messages she is sending you.

To be honest I was going to say bite your tounge & just re spray or refund to get rid of her but that was further up the page before I've read all the abuse she's been giving you! Tell her to whistle. xx

You did the right thing by re-booking her and she has messed you about twice. Personally if it was me after the second time I would have said if she cancels again then you will not be able to re-book as she has now cost you money in lost appointments.

Maybe it will make her think twice in future about messing people about.

Its difficult really as the fault was initially with your equipment and no-one wants to loose a client but if she is the sort of person that constantly cancels and re-arranges then you will be loosing more money than you are making off her.

If it was me I would book her in for the weekend and get the most horrible solution out there and spray her with it.

You don't need this client, she had more than enough opportunities to come to you and has messed you around.

There comes a point where the client isn't alway right and you need to stand up for yourself.you don't need the hassle and grief of her threats and bad attitude.

If she can just turn up with no notice it seems a bit odd that she can't keep a pre-booked appointment so I can see why you're irritated.

Could you tell her that you will respray her for free ( as it was your equipment at fault) but due to missing the previous two arranged appointments she will have to pay you a 50% deposit which you will return when you spray her provided she does not rearrange the appointment otherwise it will be lost.

Don't know if this would solve the situation for you or not.

Seeing as she has wasted two appointments that you could have booked paying clients in for, I would say no to her petulant crap. The tan would have faded by now anyway.

I think you should either:

1. Agree a date and time to respray her one last time but not this weekend-if you don't work then, I dont think you should change it for her. However you should clearly state that she has lost you money by cancelling her other 2 appointments so if this next tan is cancelled then you can no longer honour the free respray.

2. Just give her money back and be done with it. IF she does turn up on your door step, do you really want that hassle and confrontation? I know I wouldn't.

I think I would go for the second option, maybe some of you will think I'm a wimp and should stand up to her but I would rather just be rid of her. Think about it-even if she rebooks and turns up to the appointment, that 20 minutes your with her is bound to be uncomfortable! I'd just give her her money and be done with it. X

It's gone past re doing her now as I told her I wouldn't re book her and no way refunding her as like others have said she's cancelled 2 appts which could've been filled with full paying clients!
She has now put on her FB to avoid me, I'm rubbish, I've refused to te spray or refund!
I've deleted and blocked!
Some of my other clients have commented how much they love my tan!!

It's gone past re doing her now as I told her I wouldn't re book her and no way refunding her as like others have said she's cancelled 2 appts which could've been filled with full paying clients!
She has now put on her FB to avoid me, I'm rubbish, I've refused to te spray or refund!

good for you for deleting & blocking. She sounds more stress than it's worth, Forget about her now x x

Honestly FB?? really?? people who listen to anything stupid like that on FB deserve to be friends with her ;) i find people are so "big and bad" behind facebook, twitter, texts but in person their cowards and don't deserve our time! you did the right thing by deleting and even more by not rebooking her. i say good riddance! on to the next paying customer :)

What a dingbat she is the tax man knows most of our trade is cash payments!

Personally I wouldnt take her after two cancellations. She has to remember you also have a llife and setting up and waiting around for someone is completely unfair and actually ruins your routines (and if you had children childcare!)

Latest posts

Back