Help! Tan may go wrong...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry-brown

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I tanned a new client tonight, when I started to spray water came out of the gun.. I kept going until I saw brown.. I wonder if the water will affect the tan.. Please let me know if you have had a similar experience.. Thank you x

Do you test your spray on couch roll before you start spraying? If you do then any problems like this will happen on the tissue and not on the client.
Did you actually spray the client with water? If so, did you dry it off? Xx

Ooops, not good as the water can turn the solution green or act as a barrier. Like previously said, always spray onto a piece of couch roll first until the solution is seen.

Don't panic, give her a courtesy call in the morning to see if she's happy with the tan, (tell her you do this with every client) if she is no harm done, you'll never do it again! If there is a problem then you can rectify it! :)
I text my clients the next day just to check, as some first time tanners are worried they will be too light/dark etc!x

I spray my arm, it was coming out on my arm tanned.. I am worrying she is going to have a green back now and bum! Ahh. I thought the back doesn't look any different so I re sprayed over- oh god this is not good

I'm sure it will be fine, at least she can't see her back so hopefully won't notice if anything did look strange, I'm sure you would have noticed at the time tho, so don't worry unless you hear anything ;)

Oh thanks girls, I said to just call me or text if she has any concerns as she is super busy.. That's what I though at least u can't see it.. If she is green what do advise to do? BLOODY GUN lol

Oh thanks girls, I said to just call me or text if she has any concerns as she is super busy.. That's what I though at least u can't see it.. If she is green what do advise to do? BLOODY GUN lol
It should come off after shower but there may be a chance that there will be a lighter patch where the water was

Well, I would definitely start spraying on couch roll instead of your arm hun. Don't panic, did the tan look even when you finished? If so then I'm sure it will look fine tomorrow xx

I will def get me some couch roll. I have never had this worry before. All the tans I have done have always been great so hopefully I am just over worrying. It looked fine afterwards and I chatted to her for a good 30 mins after the tan and no greenish was showing...

I spray my arm, it was coming out on my arm tanned.. I am worrying she is going to have a green back now and bum! Ahh. I thought the back doesn't look any different so I re sprayed over- oh god this is not good

Is your arm green? Haha
(sorry shouldn't laugh, lol)

Well you would think my arm would be green but it isn't..

All should be fine then hun. I wouldn't worry too much. Even if it did go green, that would only be the guide colour and would wash of ok. Might just be a bit lighter where the water was x

Oh I feel better now. Thank you ladies. I have never tanned anyone green. I hope I'm just over worrying. Sucha lovely lady too :(

Latest posts

Back