Spray tan gun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare_11

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Can anyone help? I'm having a little problem with my spray tan gun, it's still spraying after I've stopped pulling the trigger? It's not as much as it does when trigger is pulled but it's more than it should. I've cleaned the machine right through, in fact it started to do this after I'd cleaned it right through. Any ideas? I've left it to soak in hot water yesterday, done the first tan fine but started after again on next tan. Any suggestions what kind of detergent to try cleaning it through again with?

Assuming it is the 5008 or TS20 gun (these are the same :wink2:) then it sounds like the gland nut is a little tight. The gland nut is the gold one at the front of the gun and if it is too tight will hold the needle back when trigger is released meaning the gun still sprays when your not pulling trigger and if it's too loose it leaks.

Steve@Nouvatan did a video that shows you how to strip the gun for cleaning and in that video he mentions the gland nut and about adjusting it if needed. Have a look:

cleaning and setting up a spray tan gun for a Maximist and TS20 - YouTube

Brilliant Baggybear! Thanks for your help, I'll have a nosey :) xxx

What a nightmare... I followed the vid and cleaned it all, loosened screw and it was working perfectly. I run some hot water and bit of washing up liquid through, then I ran through just warm water. Unfortunately I knocked it off the counter as I was spraying the water through but it carried on working! Packed up my kit and went of to my clients to do 2 tans, turned on the machine and thought it sounded funny, turned out to be sucking in but not blowing out :( I think I may have damages the motor when it fell!!

What a nightmare... I followed the vid and cleaned it all, loosened screw and it was working perfectly. I run some hot water and bit of washing up liquid through, then I ran through just warm water. Unfortunately I knocked it off the counter as I was spraying the water through but it carried on working! Packed up my kit and went of to my clients to do 2 tans, turned on the machine and thought it sounded funny, turned out to be sucking in but not blowing out :( I think I may have damages the motor when it fell!!

You knocked the whole machine off the counter not just the gun? If it was just the gun, could you have put the tube that goes into the cup of solution back on to the wrong hole? (needs to be the one nearest the gun) not sure if this would fix the problem but it's a thought

It was the whole machine! My fiancé is an engineer so he's worked his magic for me, opened it up and the fan inside has come out of its place. All sorted now and like new :)

It was the whole machine! My fiancé is an engineer so he's worked his magic for me, opened it up and the fan inside has come out of its place. All sorted now and like new :)

Wow that's good. What a handy man to have a round, he's a keeper!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back