Laser tattoo removal, getting ripped off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily4amanda

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I applied for a job at center parcs and got an interview, but they don't set people on with visible tattoos. so.......

I purchased a groupon for tattoo removal and had the first session. However when I looked on you tube the zaps/patches are a lot bigger than when she did it on me and it has hardly touched my tattoo, she said and I already know it will take a few sessions for it to go, but if it carries on at this pace it will take 10 years not ten sessions. Just wondering if she had the setting turned down because of it being a groupon???? The zapped patches where the size of sesame seeds and she has done them one or two mm apart from each other where as on you tube, almost all the vids iv seen are slightly smaller than 5p pieces and is done all over the design. there has been very very little swelling, no scabbing or blistering what so ever. Am I being ripped off? If so, id prefere to spend a little more to get the job done right.

Also, I used EMLA numbing cream, would this effect the results?

thanks!!

Emily xxx

how long ago did you have the teatment? as it carries on fading for up to 12 weeks after the session, so you wont necessarily see a major result immediately afterwards. The lasers are like the size of sesame seeds, ive had my eyebrows lasered and i got no blistering or scabbing, I dont think you have been ripped off, your description is fairly accurate, it takes alot of sessions to break down the pigment so you just have to be patient xx

I don't know how long it takes to remove a "set" tattoo but could you use cover- up make up for the time being? I don't know where your tattoo is but if covering it with clothes isn't an option then that might be sufficient for the time being as the removal is a slow process...

Hi. I also use a laser for the tattoo removal and I am sure you haven't been ripped off. There are different types of laser, from your description it sounds like Q switched YAG laser has been used. And for her it makes no difference to use lower settings (it does make no difference to the longevity of the machine to use lower settings).

Hi everyone!

I applied for a job at center parcs and got an interview, but they don't set people on with visible tattoos. so.......

I purchased a groupon for tattoo removal and had the first session. However when I looked on you tube the zaps/patches are a lot bigger than when she did it on me and it has hardly touched my tattoo, she said and I already know it will take a few sessions for it to go, but if it carries on at this pace it will take 10 years not ten sessions. Just wondering if she had the setting turned down because of it being a groupon???? The zapped patches where the size of sesame seeds and she has done them one or two mm apart from each other where as on you tube, almost all the vids iv seen are slightly smaller than 5p pieces and is done all over the design. there has been very very little swelling, no scabbing or blistering what so ever. Am I being ripped off? If so, id prefere to spend a little more to get the job done right.

Also, I used EMLA numbing cream, would this effect the results?

thanks!!

Emily xxx
Hi :) i had 1 session of lasering on the tattoo on my back last year and you have described it done to a t, thats the norm. I too looked at youtube videos but most of them were american and the seem to use different lasers. After one session mine only lightened abit and i was told that to completly remove it, it would take about 10/12 sessions. I was only having it lightened so i could have it covered so i only had one session. As someone else said, it continues to lighten over the 6-8 weeks they tell you to wait before your next session. Its a lengthly process and make take quite a few months maybe a year for it to completley go xx

Thanks everyone, you have all put my mind at ease, I'm glad its the norm and im not getting scammed lol, I was just a little worried as it's a groupon special offer.

Even if it takes a year, it will be worth it if I get a job in a spa :)

Emily xx

How much did you pay and how many sessions did you get.

I've also heard colours are harder to remove, if its a darker pigment it is abit easier xx

I think laser tattoo removal treatment is great. Laser technology has been so advanced that if treatment has taken properly. It will definitely remove your tattoo completely without side-effects.

I am about to have my second session next week ,on my first session it did have a fair bit of blistering and redness to it was as painfull as getting the tattoo it has faded it a little not much :-/

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

It's £50 for a 5 minute session and iv had 4 treatments now and the black outline as almost completely faded but the design itself and the red is still there, its faded a lot but basically i really wanted it to be gone completely or at least faded so much you have to look for it.

Well I had mine on Monday and the machine was turning up a bit ,my tat is 3 1/2 " by 4 1/2 " and I got 3 treatments for £79 on groupon ,but I think thay are normally for that size £80 to a £100 each time ,thats a 40 min appointment :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I've got my second session in 2 weeks (different clinic) I am getting two tattoos lasered for £95 x

Latest posts

Back