Losing confidence...help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caroline.f

Reaction score
so i started spray tanning with sienna x on 30th march. had 4 clients on my first night, 3 were my family and one was a guy from my gym. all went ok and the guide colour looked great.
all clients were asked to exfoliate and moisturise the night before and deodrant removed on the day of the tan.

one client had 8% solution and other 3 had 10%. one client is in her first trimester of pregnancy and was happy to go ahead with the tan after i informed her what could happen.

on the saturday, the client who is pregnant txt me to say her arms and legs were pale, the tan didnt take on her skin??!! the guy from the gym was very happy with the result and he actually came back for another one last night with a friend and both were very pleased.

saw 2 of the other clients and on one i didnt see any difference and the other who had 8% looked fine, she had a subtle glow but she then txt me on the sunday to say her legs went blotchy!! is this to do with me??

I offered her a free spray tan on the 5th april and she has txt me today to tell me shes blotchy again.

im starting to wonder if tanning is the right career for me?? im losing confidence quick. i dont understand why the tan has worked on the guys but no one else. am i doing something wrong??!

please help!!!!

Ok I was tanned with 8% sienna and I am very pale and I could definitely notice it.

The woman who was pregnant could be down to the pregnancy.

But the reason it may not be taking is you may not be applying enough solution. You may not be going close enough. You have to ask what she means by blotchy. I found the sienna fade off was very premature. Does she mean this? X

so i started spray tanning with sienna x on 30th march. had 4 clients on my first night, 3 were my family and one was a guy from my gym. all went ok and the guide colour looked great.
all clients were asked to exfoliate and moisturise the night before and deodrant removed on the day of the tan.

one client had 8% solution and other 3 had 10%. one client is in her first trimester of pregnancy and was happy to go ahead with the tan after i informed her what could happen.

on the saturday, the client who is pregnant txt me to say her arms and legs were pale, the tan didnt take on her skin??!! the guy from the gym was very happy with the result and he actually came back for another one last night with a friend and both were very pleased.

saw 2 of the other clients and on one i didnt see any difference and the other who had 8% looked fine, she had a subtle glow but she then txt me on the sunday to say her legs went blotchy!! is this to do with me??

I offered her a free spray tan on the 5th april and she has txt me today to tell me shes blotchy again.

im starting to wonder if tanning is the right career for me?? im losing confidence quick. i dont understand why the tan has worked on the guys but no one else. am i doing something wrong??!

please help!!!!

Hiya hun

So your pregnant client would most likely be like that due to her hormones, that's why if you get a pregnant client you need to make them aware it may go patchy or not take.

You say you asked your clients to moisturise the night before? This could also be a reason as if you have moisturiser on before it can creat a barrier so the tan won't take, I tell all my clients to exfoliate and that's it, don't put anything on.

When I first trained I did a few friends and family for a £5er, they all knew I was just trained and it took me about 5 tans to feel like I had the hang of it. Hope that helps.

X

Also just to add, they could of put lotions on after that wasn't suitable to use with a tan, this can cause it to go patchy x

please help!!!!

You're probably not wrong at all. Even if you were, you have just finished training!!! When you learned how to ride a bike, did you just jump on and cycle off to the shop? I doubt it, you practised, you fell and then you got up and carried on riding until you got better and better. Training is the same, no matter what subject.

So don't give up so soon, you've only just begun.:cool:

Hiya hun

So your pregnant client would most likely be like that due to her hormones, that's why if you get a pregnant client you need to make them aware it may go patchy or not take.

You say you asked your clients to moisturise the night before? This could also be a reason as if you have moisturiser on before it can creat a barrier so the tan won't take, I tell all my clients to exfoliate and that's it, don't put anything on.

When I first trained I did a few friends and family for a £5er, they all knew I was just trained and it took me about 5 tans to feel like I had the hang of it. Hope that helps.

X

I don't think having them moisturise the night before would have made any difference to the tan. It would have been fully absorbed by the time they come in for their tan.

Have u got your gun on the right setting?
U may need to adjust the gland nut as if this is too tight the solution doesnt come out continually do that could be cause of patchiness?

Get A couple of good mates round to
Practice on.

As far as spray tanning goes as with most things, practice makes perfect! It took me a while to find a perfect setting in my gun that suits most clients, once I found that I marked the dial at the back do I know where to set it and who to turn it up a little on and down a little on. Do you spray them twice over? I find by spraying twice the tab is much nicer and lasts longer too. Just keep practising, it's all trial and error but don't let it affect your confidence!

Few iPhone autocorrections in my last post!

Hey guys, thanks for all your replys.

I am doing exactly what i was told on the course and using the setting that was recommended and i find that it is good for me. I have been spraying twice on each client just so i know theres a good coverage of tan and at the time its perfect.

I know its gonna take a while to feel more confident. Lots of practice!!

its not you, its because she is pregnant, you are not meant to tan on the first trimester or the last anyway, that'll be why the others were okay

Latest posts

Back