Eyelash tint on an 11 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy01

Reaction score
Hi, as the title says would u do an eyelash tint on an 11 year old? I'm going to call my insurance company on tuesday and check if its ok with parental consent. It was actually her mum who has asked for an appointment for them both to have them done and of course i would patch them both before hand.
Just not sure how i feel about doing it. I dont think i would let my daughter have hers done at 11 but everyone is different.
Thanks Lucy.

I would say a no.

Can you imagine an 11 year old with an eye full of tint? She will have to stay nice and steady and if it starts stinging be able to stay calm whilst you remove it.

Too much can go wrong with this treatment on a child.

Jacqui xx

This isn't going to help you with your decision but I think its so sad that a mum would let/encourage her daughter to have this done. I have a 3 year old and a 5 month old and I will try my best to show them how naturally beautiful they are for as long as possible. How on earth does an 11 year old need an eyelash tint?! :'(

I put glitzy lips on a younger teenager and strip lashes for a dressing up party and hat was bad enough trying to get her to keep her mouth stretched and eyes closed so even if the insurance company said it was okay, I'd have a serious think about it incase she opened her eyes. My clients daughter was an absolute nightmare when I told her to keep lips stretched for glitzy lips and that was only for about 2minutes.

I agree I don't think it is a good idea on a 11 year old. I dont think any beauty treatments should be done on under 16's if Im honest, even 16 seems young but 16 year olds are extremely grown up now days.

I doubt your insurance will cover this but if they do and the mum is persistent then just ensure you get the parent to sign the consultation card to cover yourself but I would try and avoid the whole situation.

she's 11. That should be reason enough to say NO.

Thing is at 11 girls are going to secondary school and discover make up! They can end up clumping it on and by the end of the day they are all panda eyes!
My daughter is 11 and is discovering make up!
I have thought about tinting her lashes so it looks more natural than mascara and then she doesn't have to think about make up!
I've convinced her she doesn't need foundation for now!
Maybe the girls mum knows her daughter and feels its the right option for her.
I wax my daughters brows so they look tidy!

I don't see anything wrong with it at all. I've tinted my friend's 12 year old daughters lashes while my friend was in the room obviously. I got so fed up of seeing my 12 year old heading off to school with panda mascara i tinted hers to let her see she didn't need to wear so much mascara.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I don't see anything wrong with it at all. I've tinted my friend's 12 year old daughters lashes while my friend was in the room obviously. I got so fed up of seeing my 12 year old heading off to school with panda mascara i tinted hers to let her see she didn't need to wear so much mascara.

Well said!

I think if you know the child and can trust that they will stay still and not open their eyes, then it's up to you (and insurance). But I think it's very risky. I wouldn't do it for a stranger.

I've got a sister not much younger than that & I'd rather pull her eyelashes out than tint them to be honest. It's too young.

why would a mother want her 11 year old to have them tinted in the first place? x

My baby sister has just figured out what make up is and every time i see her she has panda eyes however I wouldn't even think of offering to tint her eyelashes, one because mum would kill me and two because shes the biggest figgiter i have ever met!

I would definately get the mothers authorisation after youve checked with your insurance then you know you're covered whatever happens!

Leanne
X

I agree that there is nothing wrong with it .. if you can be sure that the child will stay still and calm.

xx

I've got a sister not much younger than that & I'd rather pull her eyelashes out than tint them to be honest. It's too young.

why would a mother want her 11 year old to have them tinted in the first place? x

Girls are interested in make up from an early age, they just don't learn how to put it on properly until they're a bit older. My girl was really happy with the result of blue black lash tint and doesn't wear half the amount of eye make up she used to so its a win win situation for us.
No-one else's place to judge as far as Im concerned.
I've only ever tinted my friends daughters lashes after talking them through it properly so they knew what to expect and how to behave.

when i was 9 i bought a bronzer from the pound shop on the basis that i only used it for dress up with my sister, i remember going off to school with it smothered all over my face and my mum saying to me 'are you wearing make up' and me being like... noooope :rolleyes:.... haha she actually let me go to school with an orange face and white neck!!! never did it again though...

sorry this just reminded me of it, i think there are exceptions, my friend used to have her eyelashes tinted in year 7 because she had blonde eyelashes and dark hair, she got bullied really badly about it and after she had them tinted no one said anything, children can be cruel x

Not a chance would I do an eyelash tint on an 11 year old just out of principle really!

Hi, as the title says would u do an eyelash tint on an 11 year old? I'm going to call my insurance company on tuesday and check if its ok with parental consent. It was actually her mum who has asked for an appointment for them both to have them done and of course i would patch them both before hand.
Just not sure how i feel about doing it. I dont think i would let my daughter have hers done at 11 but everyone is different.
Thanks Lucy.

personaly id stay away from young children, exspecially near there eyes, its to risky. what people can keep there eyes closed for so long? i know im to nosey so id keep trying to open mine, and a child so young? a deffo No from me :confused:

I read this post this morning thinking if you and the mom thinks it's safe to do so then go ahead...

Now I read this post thinking hell no I would never do this!

Had a 4 year olds bday party to go to today with my 7 year old niece.. She turned up to my house from her dads wearing a good amount of mascara and black eyeliner followed by blusher and lipstick!!!

I hit the roof! Can't believe her dads stripper girlfriend had done this to her and her dad for letting her do it in the first place! I didnt want people to think I had done this to her (as an auntie doing hair and beauty people point the finger!) so I can't imagine encouraging lash tints at such a young age kids don't need lash tints let alone make up.

I wasn't aloud to wear anything but the slightest mascara until I was 15 at least lol and looking back I didn't really need it, kids are using make up for all the wrong reasons these days

I read this post this morning thinking if you and the mom thinks it's safe to do so then go ahead...

Now I read this post thinking hell no I would never do this!

Had a 4 year olds bday party to go to today with my 7 year old niece.. She turned up to my house from her dads wearing a good amount of mascara and black eyeliner followed by blusher and lipstick!!!

I hit the roof! Can't believe her dads stripper girlfriend had done this to her and her dad for letting her do it in the first place! I didnt want people to think I had done this to her (as an auntie doing hair and beauty people point the finger!) so I can't imagine encouraging lash tints at such a young age kids don't need lash tints let alone make up.

I wasn't aloud to wear anything but the slightest mascara until I was 15 at least lol and looking back I didn't really need it, kids are using make up for all the wrong reasons these days
and growing up far too fast for my liking. Time fly's to quickly as it is and I want to enjoy my little girl being just that 'a little girl for a couple of more years at least. I know when she gets to secondry school things are going to change big time with hormones, mood swings etc. Children should be children. That's my opinion anyway.:biggrin:

I guess only you can decide, if she is made aware if she gets it in her eyes can hurt like mad! And her mum signs something saying she ok with it then why not! She will only go else where, I have a 13 yr old I have waxed her eyebrows and tinted them a couple of times since the age of 12 but would not tint eyelashes only as I no she won't keep her eyes shut and freak out! But I guess if you warn them you will be ok :) good luck x x

Latest posts

Back