Cidesco

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleMissLC

Reaction score
I was going to start off doing NVQ in beauty but have been researching and came across CIDESCO. Has anyone does this and think it is worth it?? I'm looking at working on cruise ships/spas

xxx

I have it but no one seems that excited about it. I (my parents) paid alot 17 years ago when i trained. If you have the spare cash do it. Some areas they like privately trained girls and they know they get that with cidesco less likely to get common chavy types, these therapists can be off putting to old money clients. Forgive me for sounding like a dreadful snob, it is not intentional but some people in the beauty industry would just not of cut it 17 years ago, tattoos, chewing gum and colourful language!

Yes do it.

I did CIDESCO, CIBTAC and ITEC in 10 months. It was hard but I didn't know any different. You will get trained to a high standard and your cv will stand out more.

CIDESCO separates the wheat from the chaff, if you fail, you fail. You can't keep retaking all the time like NVQ.

My course (in 2003) was about 7k tho, that might be a deciding factor. Private colleges teach it, and CIDESCO picks the college it goes in, not the other way round, so its a big deal to get it.

(Biology A level was really helpful to me, the theory part was easy because I'd stayed on and done A levels)

I did cidesco itec and cibtac too like little miss owl ^^ its a really intensive year but well worth i did mine almost 8 years ago now, spent bout 10k in all doing the course, registration fees exam fees etc. expensive but well worth it you can go international with it too

I have it but no one seems that excited about it. I (my parents) paid alot 17 years ago when i trained. If you have the spare cash do it. Some areas they like privately trained girls and they know they get that with cidesco less likely to get common chavy types, these therapists can be off putting to old money clients. Forgive me for sounding like a dreadful snob, it is not intentional but some people in the beauty industry would just not of cut it 17 years ago, tattoos, chewing gum and colourful language!

Haha that is EXACTLY what I wanted to write but didn't dare. No "sharon and tracys" altho there were some on my course but didn't pass.

Just out of interest... I know how hard we've had to work for our qualification, but have you ever had anyone recognise it as something better? College always said how prestigious it was but employers don't really seem to comment on it. I'm just satisfied knowing my training was strict but the highest standard it could have been, but it would be nice for someone to go oooo a CIDESCO therapist!

cidesco is about 10K, I could not afford it personally but if u can and you are prepared to work really hard then why not. NVQ's are however international too although cidesco is apparently the most internationally recognized and most prestigious etc, if u look on job ads however they hardly ever ask for cidesco they state NVQ3 or equivalent (cidesco, cibtac, itec, all equivalent). Not sure if this helps.

Haha that is EXACTLY what I wanted to write but didn't dare. No "sharon and tracys" altho there were some on my course but didn't pass.

Just out of interest... I know how hard we've had to work for our qualification, but have you ever had anyone recognise it as something better? College always said how prestigious it was but employers don't really seem to comment on it. I'm just satisfied knowing my training was strict but the highest standard it could have been, but it would be nice for someone to go oooo a CIDESCO therapist!

No one has ever said wow you have cidesco! It what's that? I had it once in an interview for clarins, so there you go, no one cares! Although you are recognised by other cidesco therapists which is nice albeit all school tie way!

Latest posts

Back