Kim Lawless/NVQ/short course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emzielou

Reaction score
I am not qualified in beauty but am buying a salon and want to get trained in the most popular services - I am thinking manicure and pedicure, waxing and spray tanning.

Looking at waxing I can't decide whether to do a short course ( cheapest option) or the Kim lawless course ( most expensive option but know she comes with great reviews) or I have found a fast track nvq course that covers nvq keel two topics ?

What is your advice ?

Kim Lawless……she's great! :lol: Seriously, you need to make your own mind up but take this into account before you dismiss any short course (mine or others).

Most of the people that I train have been at college for two years and have been working in salons, yet they feel that they didn't learn enough to make them a confident waxer.

Kim Lawless……she's great! :lol: Seriously, you need to make your own mind up but take this into account before you dismiss any short course (mine or others).

Most of the people that I train have been at college for two years and have been working in salons, yet they feel that they didn't learn enough to make them a confident waxer.

Lol thanks ! I will email you this evening - do you offer days where you do the speed and intimate in one day?

Lol thanks ! I will email you this evening - do you offer days where you do the speed and intimate in one day?
Yes I do, but we'll discuss that when you get in touch.

Email my PA Caroline at [email protected] and make sure you give her your mobile number. Hope to see you soon. x

If you go for a short course or an NVQ - you'll regret it.

I speak from experience..... You won't regret training with Kim.

If you go for a short course or an NVQ - you'll regret it.

I speak from experience..... You won't regret training with Kim.

Are the courses really that good??!! I am getting excited now!

Whenever you do any training with you should always check with your insurer before paying for it to make sure they recognise it.

Kim knows her stuff, more so than any waxer I've ever met. She tells it how it is and she helps you. Anyone can show you how to wax someone, but Kim can show you how to make money from it.

Whenever you do any training with you should always check with your insurer before paying for it to make sure they recognise it.

Thanks for this - I have had some advice from Sammy on here to go for babtac accredited courses to make sure they are reputable

Kim's training transformed the way I wax.. her technique is great and if you search through threads on this forum you will see that other geeks will say the same...

Students travel for miles and most courses book up really quickly..

Good luck with your new business

I've done the nvq course 8 yrs ago, am now signing up for the Kim lawless course for technique etc etc! if your paying to do the course pay best pay once!! If that makes sence!

I've done the nvq course 8 yrs ago, am now signing up for the Kim lawless course for technique etc etc! if your paying to do the course pay best pay once!! If that makes sence!

That makes total sense. For me as a salon owner that will have staff I want to be able to gain respect, be able to fulfil the most popular beauty treatments but also not have the wool pulled over my eyes.

I think Kim is the way forward based on the reviews!!

I'm NVQ2 qualified in Waxing but to be honest, I'm glad I did the course but I'm Soooooooo training with Kim in the future (if she'll have me).
Waxing is no where as easy as it looks so if she can make it easy then she's gold, IMO.

I'm NVQ2 qualified in Waxing but to be honest, I'm glad I did the course but I'm Soooooooo training with Kim in the future (if she'll have me).
Waxing is no where as easy as it looks so if she can make it easy then she's gold, IMO.

I just hope I can get fitted in!! And that I am ok at it!! Slight perfectionist and not done anything beauty before!

I just hope I can get fitted in!! And that I am ok at it!! Slight perfectionist and not done anything beauty before!
I'm such a perfectionist too!
It's a pain in the neck but it will make you good at the job. I'd want a perfectionist to wax me as I want perfection! Lol.

Latest posts

Back