Bare Minerals vs. Lily Lolo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanja

Reaction score
Hello Geeks :)

I was hoping some of you can share your thoughts - I use Bare Minerals on myself but am looking at Lily Lolo for professional use as it is much more affordable. I have read great reviews about LL but not having tried them myself, I was just wondering how they compare to BM in terms of coverage, feel and staying power etc.

I had a sample of some mineral make-up a while ago (don't even remember the name) - the coverage was terrible and the finish was ridiculously shiny! Nothing like BM which I just love!! :)

So, any thoughts on Lily Lolo vs. Bare Minerals?

Thank you xx

I've tried both,in a personal capacity as Im not a make up artist, and in my opinion Bare Minerals is far superior. I found LL to be very powdery and not as buffable,the eyshadows dont last all day like the BM ones do, colour seems to fade, but perhaps its just me? Im a tad menopausal at the mo!
Lily Lolo do small trial siozes, so it may be worth trying those first before getting the full size..xx

Last edited:
Hey tiggerlady,

That's what I was worried about, lol

Thanks for replying though! Think I might just need to bite the bullet and get one of those little sample kits to give LL a try.

Anyone else's feedback will be gratefully received ;)

Oh - and Happy Easter!! :) xx

I really like BM too but when I made an inquiry the opening account is £2500 :eek: i am now waiting for an information pack and samples from LL the lady was very helpful on the phone and their opening order is far more reasonable in the region of £550. I also rang Jane Iredale as i've read some good comments on this range on here...their opening order is similar to LL altho you have to go to Leeds on a two day training course for another £100 plus VAT...decisions, decisions!!

Wow, that is rather a lot! I'm not looking to sell, though - just to use for bridal make-up etc. Do you reckon you could let me know how you get on with the LL samples when you get them? I'd love to hear how you're finding them after also loving BM :) xx

Have you tried cozmetic lab? No minimum order ever, 100% pure, no bismuth Oxychloride.

Lynne is right, bismuth oxychloride (or lack of) is important, particularly if your focus is bridal makeup. I tend to get slaughtered by hardcore BM fans every time I say this but bismuth oxychloride is an artificial filler which for many people is a pretty nasty skin irritant - and that's just a fact.

I don't know anything about cozmetic lab, but I'd say definitely check it out, along with Mineral Hygienics from the Fresh Indulgence website. The latter might be a bit stronger on branding and name recognition but performance is obviously key, so maybe set aside £60 or so to give a few brands' starter kits a go. You'll probably use the makeup eventually so it won't go to waste :) PM me if you need any help.

I LOVE Supercover make-up. They claim to be a cream based mineral make-up. I am soooo impressed as it's as sheer as liquid and covers anything any client has ever had on their skin. It's not shiny and so natural. I wear it myself too and won't personally do powder based products again.

My friend recommended it to me and it's used on loads of films sets, even Harry Potter. I'm guessing not the gory bits though. Lol. ;-) xoxo

Hi

I've use Lilly Lolo for personal use. The reason I choose this was because I had read on-line that Bare had some ingredients that were't 100% organic. I am putting it this way as it was over a year that I read it so can't remember. I did go to a stockist and we tried didn't samples in natural day light. I have no complaints as I normally stick to what I know.

Hope u find a product that you like.

Sorry to interupt this thread with nothing informative but this is tge first bare minerals thread iv seen in a while. I have a personal question, iv just started using bm on myself (do not stock it) and i got a starter pack in tan which has a medium tan and tan foundation. Can any of you reccomend the right concealer shade to go with medium tan as this wasnt included!! Sorry again to interupt, thought id take the opportunity!!! :) x

My Lily Lolo samples have been dispatched so I will let you know how I get on x

I used to use BM foundation (which got cakey on my skin after a few hours) and I changed for Lily Lolo recently which I loooove and it doesnt go cake on my face, even my fiancee commented "I love ur make up!" the first time I had it on.

Thanks for all your responses! And I have to admit - now that you are saying it, I did find the BM quite irritating on my skin at first! I just put it down to the fact that it is buffed in and my skin wasn't used to being brushed over like that having used liquid foundation before... Also, I have quite an oily t-zone and it does start to look a bit cakey after a while. But again, I thought it might be me using too much...
I think I will definitely have to give Lily Lolo and Mineral Hygienics a go! They sound quite good! Had a look for Cozmetics Lab as well but could only find an Australian website :confused:
Have your samples arrived yet, kerry0875? Would love to hear your thoughts :)
xx

I havent worked with it for a while but i dont think the concelers come in shades. I think its called bisque. And a summer bisque which has a shimmer but there might be more now. I never used the conceler i just dampened my conceler brush and dabed a wet foundation on area were extra coverage is needed.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

From what Ive read on here a lot of "Mineral" lines arent 100% pure.

Art Deco have a fab range, they have been amazing with their samples and I have found them to be brilliant.

Hi,

It's coming up to 2 years since we first took in LL to the salon. We all converted (13) some of us from BM some from Estée Lauder double wear!!!
Personally I live it, as long as the foundation is buffed on properly it will last all day, eye shadows are pressed on. LL are on the shopping channel 681, which I find very usefull like wee training videos. I cannot speak highly enough of LL we all live it in our salon. Clients love the price. Xxxx

Ha ha obviously live means love xx

Coz Lab products can be purchased from me - we don't have a UK website at the moment.
I've just received a delivery so I can send out the samples that people have requested. Should be out tomorrow!

Coz Lab products can be purchased from me - we don't have a UK website at the moment.
I've just received a delivery so I can send out the samples that people have requested. Should be out tomorrow!

Lynne I am looking for a mineral range for my salon. I was wondering if you could send me some samples/info my email address is [email protected] (in between business email address' right now) I'm happy to pay for samples.

Hi Jemima,

Have you had much luck yet?

C x

Latest posts

Back