Tanning solutions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,this is my first time,i've tried a lot of tan solutions, the last was OMG 20% as my clients like it dark. Is there anything darker out there without adding booster drops :confused: x

Generally you will find that the body has a natural threshold of about 16-18% if you use pure DHA and the skin wont tan much darker no matter how many booster drops you add.
If you have clients who like it really really dark find a good quality solution that fades well and ask your client to come back for a "top up" after 24 hours, that way you will achieve an even tan that still looks natural however its worth mentioning to your clients that the darker the tan, the more maintenance it needs!

you can get booster drops but i wouldnt recommend going any darker thats just craziness you'd would look like a mahogany table :eek:

Hi,this is my first time,i've tried a lot of tan solutions, the last was OMG 20% as my clients like it dark. Is there anything darker out there without adding booster drops :confused: x

This ever increasing desire from both end user and therapists to create and offer darker tans is without doubt going to cause us as a sector problems down line...much in the same way as UV tanning did when the demand for ever increased tanning power was demanded.

The skin of course can only take so much before it reaches overload or saturation

With DHA this point of saturation of course varies with each individual based on skin type,age,condition,medication etc ...we are of course only human beings and subsequent all different in our saturation point levels

In general terms a DHA concentrate of between 16% and 18% is approaching the max and anything above this is ...well simply marketing hype.

The dangers of using to high a concentrate on the skin will result in an oarange DHA overload skin tone as well as possible fade off problems
Is this really what we want for our industry ???

Latest posts

Back