Retaining clients for tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summerlove

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondered what your 'conversion rate' is from turning a newbie into a regular client.

I do a lot of new clients but only manage to turn, at a guess, less than 50% into regular clients :( I know this can't be good!

I don't get any complaints but I am sure these girls must go somewhere else after me. In saying that, I have had a few calls this year from ladies I did last year - one girl said she lost my number so had someone else come to her house but the tan was awful so she went on a mission to find my number again!

I am sure my techinque is fine so I am hoping it is just I am not finding the hard core tanners, only ladies who have it done on special occasions....

How about you?

Sx

Hi guys,

Just wondered what your 'conversion rate' is from turning a newbie into a regular client.

I do a lot of new clients but only manage to turn, at a guess, less than 50% into regular clients :( I know this can't be good!

I don't get any complaints but I am sure these girls must go somewhere else after me. In saying that, I have had a few calls this year from ladies I did last year - one girl said she lost my number so had someone else come to her house but the tan was awful so she went on a mission to find my number again!

I am sure my techinque is fine so I am hoping it is just I am not finding the hard core tanners, only ladies who have it done on special occasions....

How about you?

Sx

Maybe some clients just have tans done if they have something special on or it could be that some have lost your number. If you have their mob number why not give them a txt to let them know that you have a special offer on etc. just so they have your number then it's up to them to get in touch with yourself. Just remember though to say who you are and maybe start with:-

This is a MSG for all my clients and to let you all know that......

I will look forward to hearing from you

Do you advertise etc. I've just started out and have 2 or 3 just now but I'm doing a tanning party at the end of the month so hopefully after this it will be word of mouth. Sorry if I haven't helped but wanted to reply:) xx

Ask when you have done the tan if she'd like to re -book?

Maybe do some tanning cards where you stamp them and 8th one free etc, then if they are special occasion tanners they'll remember they want to build up the stamps for the next occasion? And regular tanners will obviously see the benefit x

Most of my clients are loyal, but regular tanners?? Def not, just for special occasions...
Having said that, Im more than happy, as Im flattered that they come back to me, some with 'interesting' tales of tanning when they have gone with a friend to someone else...:eek: :wink2:

I dont think tanning is the treatment that has 'regular' clients as much as nails waxing facial etc!

Most people have a tan for a special event some do have them regulary but not many!
I do have to admit tanning is not one of my fav things to do! They are just sooo messy!!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Thanks girls, I imagined everyone else has regulars who get tanned every week and I am just not getting them!

I want to add to my treatments so am going to train with Kym Lawless and offer waxing, can't wait! I think that will keep me busy and hopefully build a strong clientelle!

Thank you

Sxx

I've done tans & never seen the clients again, I do have a few regulars though. one client comes about 3 times a month, a couple of others come about twice a month & I have about 3 others that come once a month. Still trying to build it up though x

I often get clients then don't hear off them again, some pop up months later or even sometimes when I don't hear from them, a different person contacts me as a recommendation from the missing one! I have a good regular client base but even most of them just get one for special occasions or nights out or because it's been a while! It's not like other treatments such as hair and nails, almost all girls can self tan whereas they can't do they're own nails/hair/waxing etc

Latest posts

Back