Tanning machine second hand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callaghanbeauty

Reaction score
What are you thoughts about purchasing a used tanning maximist hv5008 pro tanning machine (pro gun)?

depends on how much your paying? how long it's been used for? x

Yes, it all depends on price really! Bear in mind even if there's some warranty time left on it, the warranty won't be transferable. Having said this, one of the keys to these machines' popularity is their reliability so unless it's particularly well-used you should not get problems.

I bough mine used, although it hadn't had much use and she gave me what was left of the sample size solutions with it, so it had just done a few tans. (the solutions went straight in the bin!)

Looking back, once I'd paid for the used kit, and my training, I'd have probably been better off buying the kit new and got the training free as there wasn't much difference in price.

Having said that, the machine has never let us down!

Its off a lady emergrating to new zealand and wants to sell her itemsdue to this. She said its 11 months old, little use and it also has a tent and pro gun. I dont need the tent as i already have one, it has 4 empty cups and fixing kit- all in excellent condition- she wants £100 for it.

I would say go for it, the tent can be kept as a replacement for when yours gets tatty or needs replacing, the extra cups always come in handy as well, again the machine itself would be a good little workhorse and you can be earning and saving towards a brand new one later on using the second hand one. Make sure you get it electrically tested if you can as it is nearly a year old. I am sure it will be fine. I started out with a second hand machine years ago. Then bought a new one same as the used one and loved them Kept the used one as a back up, in case one goes wrong or is in for servicing you always have a spare. I think the price is excellent too, a tent on it's own could set you back nearly £100.. If you dont want it let me have her details (LOL) sounds like a bargain

I would say go for it, the tent can be kept as a replacement for when yours gets tatty or needs replacing, the extra cups always come in handy as well, again the machine itself would be a good little workhorse and you can be earning and saving towards a brand new one later on using the second hand one. Make sure you get it electrically tested if you can as it is nearly a year old. I am sure it will be fine. I started out with a second hand machine years ago. Then bought a new one same as the used one and loved them Kept the used one as a back up, in case one goes wrong or is in for servicing you always have a spare. I think the price is excellent too, a tent on it's own could set you back nearly £100.. If you dont want it let me have her details (LOL) sounds like a bargain

Its what i thought x thanks for youe reply.

Just had a quick look on LA Tanning and they have a starter kit for £99.00 Have a look it would probably be better as you get the warranty but I am not sure if it's the same machine. LA Tanning is quite good, no smell, dries quick and no orange tones. Good luck,
PM me if you want the link as it is a professional only site I think and the prices are easy to see from the link

Regards
Nikki

Latest posts

Back