Facials = confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traceyashley

Reaction score
Hiya Im trying to find some new products for facials but there are that many out there. I am qualifed in facial but it has been a couple of years since i have done any. I have been looking at skin truth which look quite a good product, They have got a non surgical face lift, do you have to be trained to do them or will a normal facial Qualification be ok for it?

Thanks Tracey xxx

Hi Tracey,

a non-surgical facelift or micro-current is an electrical facial that uses a machine for uplifting facial contours and to use it you will need to be trained in Level 3 beauty therapy. Not sure what qualification you hold but if you are not trained in electrical facials then I am afraid you won't be able to get insurance.
I hope this helps.

Hi Tracey,

a non-surgical facelift or micro-current is an electrical facial that uses a machine for uplifting facial contours and to use it you will need to be trained in Level 3 beauty therapy. Not sure what qualification you hold but if you are not trained in electrical facials then I am afraid you won't be able to get insurance.
I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your help :) Its so confusing when looking around for different brands lol. xxxx

eve taylor all the way for me.great products that actualy work, great price helpful staff. and they do a mobile kit if you want to start small which has a fab basic range easy to use and understand also they do the navigator book great teels you what products for what skin type all ingredients etc etc etc also has couple of helpful hints in the back for different facials.xx

Hi Tracey

There are lots of things to consider when looking at starting up with your facials/facial products.
What facial products you use may depend on whether you are mobile or salon based. Some companies won't supply to mobile or home based salons.
Also start up costs or minimum order costs might help you decide - some companies have reasonable start packages and low minimum orders ongoing which means no huge amounts to pay to start with and no minimum stock levels to keep to. Other companies want you to buy and stock quite a lot of products and this can run into thousands of pounds.
Another way to see is to contact lots of companies to ask them for some samples to try - explain why you would like the samples (you are researching skincare/facial products to use professionally) - most places are usually very helpful.
Are there any products you have already used which you like? that may be a good start.
Eve Taylor have a very good reasonably priced range (I use this so am a bit biased!). Susan Molyneux also do some nice ranges and are middle price range to buy and retail.
Order some samples and have a try - try a full facial on yourself and maybe some honest friends/relatives to get proper feedback on what they think - as it's a huge decision deciding what to go for and other peoples opinions on how the products feel/smell etc can all help.
Hope that helps a little bit.
Choccy x x x

Latest posts

Back