Lash perm/lash lift, what’s the difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim89

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I was trained in lash perming at college as part of NVQ and want to include it as a treatment at my salon.

However after shopping for a brand (I used Hive at college) I have discovered not only is there lash perms but also lash lifts!

Basically I was wondering if anybody can tell me the difference, if any, in the two systems, and which do you use/prefer?

Thanks

I'm not trained in either, nor have I had either as a treatment, but as far as I understand: A lash perm will curl the lashes, whereas a lash lift will straighten them upwards making them appear longer, rather than curlier.

Lash lifts look great from what I've seen on here! Some of the girls have posted lovely photos.

Hi geeks,

I was trained in lash perming at college as part of NVQ and want to include it as a treatment at my salon.

However after shopping for a brand (I used Hive at college) I have discovered not only is there lash perms but also lash lifts!

Basically I was wondering if anybody can tell me the difference, if any, in the two systems, and which do you use/prefer?

Thanks

Lash Perming curls tha lashes as you know whereas lash lifting ie LVL, lifts the lashes up giving a wide open look.
LVL uses shields whereas Perming uses rods.Perming solution is used on both,there's 3 different sized shields as there is rods for Perming,both to give different variations on either curl or lift.
I like both looks and you can achieve good results using either system IMO.
Hth

Latest posts

Back