Eyelash extensions - lash separator

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Jess*

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Was having a little surf on the internet a while back and I found something very interesting. Forgive me if there is already a similar thread on this - I did do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

This is a lash separator that is supposed to knock heaps of time off the treatment. Which would be great, but.... I'm wondering how useful this would be. This particular link is an Australian company, but has anyone here used it? Or anything like it? I hear it is about $500 odd dollars to purchase, so I'd want some research and/or feedback before I'd consider it. I find the separation the hardest part (and most time consuming) so something like this would be great but it looks complicated... :lol:

Eyelash Extensions

Last edited:
To me all this seems to do is make things more complicated.
It only seems to help with the first maybe 20 lashes and then it didnt show how it helps after that, as you couldnt then flap another load of lashes up as the newly applied ones would get in the way.
Also, you would need 2, as the way she showed in the video you do one eye at a time and I think you should do both at the same time-to keep balance and if for any reason you had to stop-the clients lashes would at least look symmetrical.
At $500 I would advise you to practice more at the separating, as once you have mastered it, it comes very naturally.
It looks like a whole heap of a waste of money to me.
Sorry
x

Actually I see you do get 2 separators, but also looking at the step-by-step guide it only speaks of separating 30-50 lashes to apply lashes to and then removing tape and your done.
So, I still think it seems like a waste of money
x

To me all this seems to do is make things more complicated.
It only seems to help with the first maybe 20 lashes and then it didnt show how it helps after that, as you couldnt then flap another load of lashes up as the newly applied ones would get in the way.
Also, you would need 2, as the way she showed in the video you do one eye at a time and I think you should do both at the same time-to keep balance and if for any reason you had to stop-the clients lashes would at least look symmetrical.
At $500 I would advise you to practice more at the separating, as once you have mastered it, it comes very naturally.
It looks like a whole heap of a waste of money to me.
Sorry
x

Oh I agree totally. Don't get me wrong - the idea of knocking time off the treatment is great, but I'm struggling to understand how. And as you don't get to see the whole video until you buy the kit (very clever) it's a bit difficult to imagine, like you said - how you would flap the next lot up as the ones just done would get in the way. That was my whole confusion when watching the video - looks great, but what happens when you go for the next lot.

You actually get 2 of these separator things in the kit, and a whole bunch of tweezers which also looks complicated. Quite scary looking really!

Attachments

• 493.jpg
    493.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,411
What a lot of unnecessary faff!

You will get the hang if isolation with practice.

And how would this help with infills?

Also, with the bunch of tweezers in the kit, what do you do once you have used up all the attached lashes, which you have just sat and fiddled with before your client comes in (time wasting)? Surely you have to pick up another load of lashes. Im sure they dont give you 80 odd tweezers haha
As said, what a bloody faff lol
x

And how would this help with infills?

Another thing I was wondering - they don't really give much information on the site. It seems "buy it, and we'll tell you everything".

The million tweezers I guess would save time in picking up the lashes, but you would have to sit there and load them all up beforehand anyway, which would take god knows how long!

Also, with the bunch of tweezers in the kit, what do you do once you have used up all the attached lashes, which you have just sat and fiddled with before your client comes in (time wasting)? Surely you have to pick up another load of lashes. Im sure they dont give you 80 odd tweezers haha
As said, what a bloody faff lol
x

Lol. They actually sell just the tweezer sets as well, in single tweezers, a set of 25 or 100. But as said before, you would still have to take time to load them all up so it's not really saving any time :rolleyes:

Watching the video again it looks like its only isolating mature lashes. That set won't last very long.

I have just sent them an email enquiring about how this works to isolate the 'next lot' of lashes.
x

Oh - it will be interesting to hear what they have to say. Let me know! :)

Hi there

Unfortunately there are no shortcuts to perfecting a skill - and lash isolation is a difficult skill to master, especially as you use your non-dominant hand!

It all comes down to technique.. and practise! Some questions to ask yourself:

Are you holding the tweezer properly - do you have complete control?
Are you isolating at the lashline?
Are you isolating lashes that are naturally on the left, to the left of the tweezer or are they crossing over the lash to be extended?

Just a couple of pointers ...
HTH

Forgot to add, I don't see any real benefit from investing in this.
And this is a similiar method to the 'taping up' technique - only this method allows you to lash every natural lash and costs the price of some micropore tape!

Last edited:
What a lot of unnecessary faff!

You will get the hang if isolation with practice.

Totally agree! The only way to knock time off treatments is to practice. The only way to get good at anything be it nails, lashing, waxing etc is to practice it - there are no short cuts to getting your speeds up.

Practice, practice, practice!

What a silly gimmick! But, at $500 I wish I had thought of it!!

This is just a very complicated technique which has a similar result to taping up the lashes (which costs £0 and takes about 20 seconds)! LOL

And as for saving time, how long must it take to have all those tweezers lined up with one lash.:eek:

Please, don't ANYONE waste money on this. It's down to practice, practice and finally, more practice.

p.s. there is a pic in my album of taped up lashes if anyone is finding it difficult to picture how to do it.

Hi Geeks,

My friend and i both bought the lash separator kit and i have to say it has been a god sent for us. We bought one with the tweezers and one without. Once you get the hang of it, it is quite easy and the great thing is that i can isolate about 10 lashes in one go. I don't have to wear the magnifying glases anymore.I used to have a lot of problems with my back but not anymore.

You don't have to use the tweezers if you don't want to . I sometimes do and other times i just manually pick up the lashes. It has helped me alot. I would never go back to doing lashes the manual way again.:confused:

Once you get the hang of it, it is quite easy and the great thing is that i can isolate about 10 lashes in one go.

I can isolate 10 lashes or more with my micropore tape and that costs me about 1p!

But each to their own, if you find that it helps then that's great.
x

I'm looking to go on a lash course too and have heard so much about 'flirties'.... So I'm glad this topic has come up as I'm a little stuck which lash route to go down xx

Elliebee I can't find pic of lashes taped up. If u get a min wld u mind posting please?
What a silly gimmick! But, at $500 I wish I had thought of it!!

This is just a very complicated technique which has a similar result to taping up the lashes (which costs £0 and takes about 20 seconds)! LOL

And as for saving time, how long must it take to have all those tweezers lined up with one lash.:eek:

Please, don't ANYONE waste money on this. It's down to practice, practice and finally, more practice.

p.s. there is a pic in my album of taped up lashes if anyone is finding it difficult to picture how to do it.

Elliebee I can't find pic of lashes taped up. If u get a min wld u mind posting please?

If you click on elliebee profile and look at her lash photos, the taped up photo is right near the beginning.

You do the lashes as normal, then get a strip of tape and gently stick to the tip of the lashes applied and press back onto the eyelid-thus exposing the unlashed natural lashes underneath.
x

Latest posts

Back