How to apply strip lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinxy

Reaction score
I don't mean to customers as I'm not in any way qualified for that! :)
But I have a couple of events coming up including a hen do and we're all dressing in 60s-70s fancy dress... and I have a vision of some silly pink eye lashes but uhmm... I've never applied them in my 32 years on this planet... is it hard??? :Scared:

Sorry if that's a stupid question lol but I'd loathe to go and glue my eyes shut or something silly :smack:

Is there a short course anyone knows of to teach these life skills to special people like me? LOL

Hi tinxy!
I wouldn't say it's difficult, but does require a bit of practice! Get some good glue, Duo glue is brill (you can get it in mac or Sally's) and apply a small amount to back of strip, wait for 20 seconds or so for glue to get tacky and looking down into a mirror apply the lashes, I tend to press middle down first and then press down the edges after. Always apply after mascara. There is some fantastic videos on you tube for lash application, see mac cosmetics or pixiwoo, will probably make a bit more sense if you can watch lol! Hope this helps! Xxx

But I have a couple of events coming up including a hen do and we're all dressing in 60s-70s fancy dress... and I have a vision of some silly pink eye lashes but uhmm... I've never applied them in my 32 years on this planet... is it hard??? :Scared:

Sorry if that's a stupid question lol but I'd loathe to go and glue my eyes shut or something silly :smack:

Is there a short course anyone knows of to teach these life skills to special people like me? LOL
simply cut each end to fit your eye, put on the glue and wait till its tacky then apply onto the eye. it takes crap load of practise tho lol

Yes it is easy, watch a few YouTube videos. Also make sure you use good glue, other wise I found the wont stick.

There are courses to go on but if your just wanting it for yourself, save your self some money and watch a few videos, you will be the hang.

Or even pop into a salon and ask them to put them on. X

bit fiddly at first takes about 30 secs to go tacky- i use the duo adhesive smells a bit (fishy latex) but it holds. Trim to size. also i would recomend for a first timer to take out one lash and apply dry on the lash line with some tweezers or orange wood stick and measure if it needs trimming and to have a feel on the lashes. eye-makeup-tricks do a wonderful tutorial if your stuck. xoxo

Search youtube for pixiwoo lash tutorial. Its pretty fab.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back