Eyelash extensions fell out!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceflatie

Reaction score
Hi all

I did a set of lashes yesterday on a friend. She finished chemo just over 6 months ago and we have waited until now to do them. Her lashes were shortish but there was enough to work with. As I was doing them
I noticed that the odd one was falling out. By the time I had got half way through I was loosing 2 or 3 each time I combed through. I stopped in the end with a set that was good enough but not as full as I would have liked due to them coming off. She was happy as she is very fair and they did make a big difference to her eyes.
She text me this morning to say she had lost most of them overnight :(
I can only think it is due to her eyelashes being so young after her chemo. Has anyone else had any experiences like this. My glue is good and I used primer.

Thanks for any advise or thoughts

Sam

Did just the eyelash extensions fall out? Or her natural lashes as well?

Thankfully just the extensions!!

If you've done a set in the few days before or after you've done hers and the same thing happens it will obviously be down to the primer or glue you are using. If the others are ok, then it will be down to her eyelashes.

Hopefully someone will come on here and explain what happens to the lashes after chemotherapy. I know they can be weaker and shorter, but in my experience have never heard of them not being able to take lash extensions afterwards, even very short and thin ones.

Chemotherapy affects everyone differently though.

Also, if her own lashes were too weak, the extensions would have fallen out with her own lashes attached.

Hi all

I did a set of lashes yesterday on a friend. She finished chemo just over 6 months ago and we have waited until now to do them. Her lashes were shortish but there was enough to work with. As I was doing them
I noticed that the odd one was falling out. By the time I had got half way through I was loosing 2 or 3 each time I combed through. I stopped in the end with a set that was good enough but not as full as I would have liked due to them coming off. She was happy as she is very fair and they did make a big difference to her eyes.
I can only think it is due to her eyelashes being so young after her chemo. Has anyone else had any experiences like this. My glue is good and I used primer.

Sam

Hi Sam, how thick were her natural eyelashes and what length & thickness did you use?

Hi

I used .15 length 10mm and 8mm. Very odd as I have never had a problem like this before.

Sam

Hi all

Sam

everyones eyelashers work with individual ones differently, maybe her eyelashers wasnt ready? .. if you have never come across a problem like this then its not the things you are using..

i have them on myself i go for my infills every 2 weeks, sometimes there off within a week, sometimes they last me more than 3 weeks! its crazy you can guarantee every infill lasts a different length of time:)
maybe give them a try in a couple of weeks or so?

Hi

I used .15 length 10mm and 8mm. Very odd as I have never had a problem like this before.

Sam

Perhaps you could have another go using 7-9mm in .15mm in a couple of weeks - Like you said earlier and this has never happened before it must be her lashes.
Hope you get it sorted x

Latest posts

Back