Can a tan cause foliculitus?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treasure99

Reaction score
Could this be a cause or is it more likely that the prep could cause this?

Had a regular in today who mentioned her daughter had been diagnosed with this by dr approx 5 days after tan.
I have sprayed this client 5 times before and no probs. She exfoliated 24 hours before tan.
She wasn't complaining and said she wasn't convinced it was the tan, but wanted to let me know.
Have u ever heard of this happening before?

I've just googled this and there seem to be different types of foliculitus. One of the causes of non infections foliculitus does say it can be caused by make up so I assume it could be possible. There are many other causes by the looks of it and also I would say its nothing you could of done. I don't have any personal experience of it myself but look it up on Wikipedia . Hope this has helped xx

My daughter aged 3 woke one morning with a rash on her I thought it was chicken pox but the doc said it was folliculitis the only thing I can think that caused this was that she insisted on wearing her new pyjamas that night before I washed them, is it possible that she wore something new?

I would have thought waxing or an epulator would be more likely to be the culprit, or, did she shave the same day you tanned her?

Hi, I would say it is very unlikely as folliculitis is more commonly a bacterial infection of the hair follicle. Does your client shave or wax is it is more likely that this would be the cause rather than your tan x

Txs for replies. Yes she shaves and I thought likely to be this but it is on her arms too which she doesn't shave. Can it spread? Read lots of sites and as usual with medical stuff there is conflicting info!

Txs for replies. Yes she shaves and I thought likely to be this but it is on her arms too which she doesn't shave. Can it spread? Read lots of sites and as usual with medical stuff there is conflicting info!
Yep, bacterial infections can spread through touch.

Latest posts

Back