Perron Rigot hot wax question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate1982

Reaction score
I did my training last week and have been doing really well with the Euroblonde wax. However tnite I had a client in for an underarm wax. I preped and put a tiny bit of oil on and wax as usual however the hair wasn't coming out. Some did but it left quite a bit.
The lady was sweating a fair bit and I think this is what was causing the wax to not grip the hair. Can I use the euroblonde with talc? I daren't do it with this client incase it went wrong but would like to know for future reference. I just put a little talc on and whipped it off with my usual warm wax.

If you find the client is sweating slightly grab a cotton pad and wipe the area to dry it, apply a tiny amount of oil if needed.

Sometimes I find it useful to go over an area in the wrong direction - opposite the hair growth, and then remove as normal. Sometimes this can help lift the hairs a little to ensure the wax really grips them well.

Mat

Thanks hon. Will try that next time. Was really annoyed because been doing so well with it up to now.

I'm sure you'll be fine! We all get those awkward clients who can know our confidence, sometimes you just need to take a deep breath and wax on. Sometimes if I get those moments I just turn to my wax trolley and just tidy it all up a bit, it just gives a moment to think about what you need to do.

Mat

Once you've applied a tiny amount of oil (don't use talc), blot with a tissue and tuck the tissue under their shoulder. As you're about to apply the Euroblonde to the under arm and whilst you're still turning your spatula, quickly blot the area again with the tissue if your client is perspiring and apply the wax.

Make sure that your wax is as warm as it can be so that it's quite fluid and not setting as this will shrink wrap the hairs better.

Apply in the direction of hair growth and if the area you're applying it to is wide, apply only to half the width and you'll get a better result.

I also find that not applying the wax too thick gets a better result and I also like to remove the wax whilst it's still warm and floppy (not sticky).

Make sure that you stretch the skin when you apply and when you remove.

Latest posts

Back