Pregnancy skin, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAX inc

Reaction score
My poor pregnant friend is in desperate need of advice for soothing her stretch marks, she is due in 3 weeks and her belly is very itchy. Any natural products she can use to sooth the itching without drying the skin ? Many thanks in advance

I use an aloe Vera gel. I for this after having my little one and the doctors had to give me something to clear it, it when all over my legs, chest and arms, it was a red rash, very itchy.

Oatmeal in your bath. Great for itchy skin during pregnancy and eczema. Put some oatmeal in an old sock or a cut off piece of your tights tied into a knot. This allows the oatmeal to do it's magic but make it easier to clean up afterwards.

lush cosmetics the smelly bath bomb shop sell a massage bar called therapy i have used it through out my pregnancies it also has neroli oil to help with stretch marks. plus its in a bar so great you just rub the bar in your hands then over your body. i use mine once out the bath or sometime heat gently with the hair dryer lol.xxx

Thank you . Great tips :)

was just thinking lush also do a cream called dream cream its amazing also and can be used on anything including nappy rash sunburn bites skin irritations, dry skin to be honest anything or just as a daily moisturiser its about £10 a tub so great value and lasts forever.xx

Might sound silly but solar oil is great for replenishing moisture which should stop the itching. I've used it on my scars and they've got sooo much better!
Rhiannon x

Mamma mio do a cream tummy rub butter I think it's called. I did train in it but it was a while ago so have forgotten alot of stuff.

Maybe she could email them? But if she is due in 3 weeks may not be any point :)

Thank you for the advice ladies.

Clarins tonic oil. It is fantastic. It's especially for pregnancy and weight loss helps keep skin firm and stops stretch marks from appearing. It really is amazing and lasts forever! Hth!

Hi

Another one that gets fab results during pregnancy is Japanese camellia oil.

I know Elemis sell one but it's pretty pricey...Eve Taylor also sell the oil if you are registered with them...may be worth a try.

Rich

I used vaseline intensive repair cream (any moisturiser with vitamin e works just as well) pretty much as soon as i started showing, on my bump at least twice a day, didnt suffer any itching by the end of it and dont have hardly any strech marks, had more before i was pregnant than i did as a result of it! Dont think it matters too much what cream you use as any will help the skin to stretch without being too uncomfortable, i just chose one with vitamin e as i know it helps repair skin and reduce strech marks. Hth xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back