Tanning and Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautify2

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a client booked in for a shape and paint on nails and toenails and a spray tan, now would you do nails first, then tan, or just paint a base coat, then tan then rest of the coats so as not to damage the final polish?? I can't decide whats best to do? I dont want to paint the nails, then rub barrier cream and smudge them, but I dont want to do the tan, then nails and end up smudging the tan...???

If it was me, then I would

1. File fingers and toes so u can get rid of all the dust
2. Do the tan
3. cleanse the nails and paint.

I think unless she came back for her tan then doing it the other way would smudge her nails when getting undressed. Just make sure she allows a decent enough time for her tan 2dry before she gets her clothes back on and it'll be fine!

Hope that helps
Katie x 😊

Thanks for your feedback, do you think the tan could stain the nails if I didnt paint them with anything (even just base coat) first?

x​

Thanks for your feedback, do you think the tan could stain the nails if I didn't paint them with anything (even just base coat) first?​

x​

yes potentially spray tan can stain nails....generally barrier cream or in this case maybe a light moisturizer as you will be covering the nail anyways...just make sure that applying a moisturizer doesn't cause any problems,even when cleaned off,with the nail treatment
HTH

When I do a tan I always always wipe over the nails immediately after I'm finished so it doesn't stain them, then just wipe over them again with nail polish remover/scrubfresh before I start to paint.

Katie
X

Latest posts

Back