Bad skin... on the bottom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinxy

Reaction score
:eek:

I know I know... I have had this since I can remember but for some reason no exfoliation or treatment has been successful in removing it :(

Has my fellow geeks got any ideas?

Basically short of posting a picture of my ample behind... I have spots and now scars from years and years of this... I only wear cotton undies, I've tried g strings, granny knickers and treating it with almost anything I can think of... to no avail... :( Don't get me wrong not many see said tushie but I'd actually like a nicer bum anyway... any ideas?

Just worth mentioning they are not boils! :) I promise! :) (I know what they look like and this is not it lol)

:eek:

I know I know... I have had this since I can remember but for some reason no exfoliation or treatment has been successful in removing it :(

Has my fellow geeks got any ideas?

Basically short of posting a picture of my ample behind... I have spots and now scars from years and years of this... I only wear cotton undies, I've tried g strings, granny knickers and treating it with almost anything I can think of... to no avail... :( Don't get me wrong not many see said tushie but I'd actually like a nicer bum anyway... any ideas?

Odd question for you but do you consume a lot of dairy products...milk cheese etc etc
mmm shame about the picture though :eek::lol::hug:

Hun there ain't NO way I'm flashing that thing! Talk about solar eclipse!!!

Used to eat a lot of cheese and drink milk - since doing slimming world I'm lucky if I see cheese once a week... Milk also down and not a lot of other lactose products...

Could it be Keratosis Pilaris? Hmmmm

Used to eat a lot of cheese and drink milk - since doing slimming world I'm lucky if I see cheese once a week... Milk also down and not a lot of other lactose products...

Dam shame...how are we expected to diagnose without photographic evidence :eek::irked::lol::lol::hug:

Did the condition improve any when you cut out the Dairy products?
What does your doc say about the condition?

Dam shame...how are we expected to diagnose without photographic evidence :eek::irked::lol::lol::hug:

Did the condition improve any when you cut out the Dairy products?
What does your doc say about the condition?

Spot on! Excuse the pun but if I eat cheese or dairy it not only upsets my stomach but my skin too. More so on my face. Does it get worse during your periods x

Spot on! Excuse the pun but if I eat cheese or dairy it not only upsets my stomach but my skin too. More so on my face. Does it get worse during your periods x

Um...I dont have periods ...well not anymore at my age :eek::lol::lol::lol::lol:
or were you talking/quoting someone else ...he he he
still think a picture would help us no end to sort this issue out lol

Um...I dont have periods ...well not anymore at my age :eek::lol::lol::lol::lol:
or were you talking/quoting someone else ...he he he
still think a picture would help us no end to sort this issue out lol

Ooops I meant the op.

I have a lady I tan every week and she wears a thong and once a month she apologises for her spotty bum x

Do family members have this as it tends to run in families? X

Well my mum and I are opposite ends of all spectrums... she's slim and narrow hips and no boobs, I had DD cups before I was 14... (now 32JJ...) child bearing hips and so on. I have thick hair, she has thin hair, she has very olive complexion, I have a slight olive complexion... and unlike her I've had acne on the face forever... she never had more than 1 spot that time of month...
The only benefit to the differences between us is that I'm unlikely to have her type 2 diabetes (I get checked to make sure :) )

I don't know that it gets worse or better depending on cheese - I have to admit I have never really drawn a connection before so this may be next on the list... Same for TOM... I'm actually on now but there appear to be very few spots (ok... 1... ) and I have times when I have a LOT... so will see over the next couple of months if this changes. I've also started to use my teatree lotion from my waxing :cool: on the affected area - maybe it'll help...

Any ideas on what to do with the scars of the last 2 centuries? Is there a really good product that will help with reducing the redness of these? (I do scar easily at the best of times and have to be SO careful not to pick any facial spots grrrrr)

Thanks for the laughs and support :)

Well my mum and I are opposite ends of all spectrums... she's slim and narrow hips and no boobs, I had DD cups before I was 14... (now 32JJ...) child bearing hips and so on. I have thick hair, she has thin hair, she has very olive complexion, I have a slight olive complexion... and unlike her I've had acne on the face forever... she never had more than 1 spot that time of month...
The only benefit to the differences between us is that I'm unlikely to have her type 2 diabetes (I get checked to make sure :) )

I don't know that it gets worse or better depending on cheese - I have to admit I have never really drawn a connection before so this may be next on the list... Same for TOM... I'm actually on now but there appear to be very few spots (ok... 1... ) and I have times when I have a LOT... so will see over the next couple of months if this changes. I've also started to use my teatree lotion from my waxing :cool: on the affected area - maybe it'll help...

Any ideas on what to do with the scars of the last 2 centuries? Is there a really good product that will help with reducing the redness of these? (I do scar easily at the best of times and have to be SO careful not to pick any facial spots grrrrr)

glad we have at least cheered you up a tad despite the fact we didnt get toi the bottom of things for you...excuse the pun :eek::wink2::Love:

Mmmm you could try Bio oil perhaps. I had a nasty scar on my arm and it has helped a little. It's not all that expensive x I personally wouldn't buy into anything that says its miracle etc x

You mentioned that you get acne on the face, do you get it anywhere else like the back or chest too? If you do then it's likely to all be connected and a visit to the dr's would be in order.

Otherwise an AHA body exfoliant might work better for you. Very gentle but also effective. I know Environ do one but I can't remember the name of it, but sure that there will be others available too. This will help with scarring as well.

ETA: oh btw, ignore Collin he's in a silly mood today :wink2::green:

Aw he's making me smile so I'll roll with the punches! :)

I get the odd spot on my chest - I got them on my back in my teens but thank crunchie not for years now!

Back in the years of my distant youth I had anti biotics for my facial acne, that's how bad it got :(

It's definitely better now with age (and a more regular facial regime lol) but the bum remains horrid lol

ETA: oh btw, ignore Collin he's in a silly mood today :wink2::green:

Oi watch it missus ...wasnt I the one who brouht up the dairy products thung :smack::wink2::Love:

Oi watch it missus ...wasnt I the one who brouht up the dairy products thung :smack::wink2::Love:

The dairy thung was good lol :lick:

Hi Tinxy, Have you ever tried dry body brushing??? I have had this problem on and off and I find that if you dry body brush all over in the direction of the heart every day before a shower it really helps, concentrate on your bum and thighs...(amazing for cellulite...not that I am suggesting for a minute that you have this to ;) ) often spots in odd places are caused by a sluggish system, I would then follow with either a body lotion containing either AHAs or teatree.......should help with the scarring to. Maybe we could all throw in a fiver to see the pics ??? ;)

Hi Tinxy, Have you ever tried dry body brushing??? I have had this problem on and off and I find that if you dry body brush all over in the direction of the heart every day before a shower it really helps, concentrate on your bum and thighs...(amazing for cellulite...not that I am suggesting for a minute that you have this to ;) ) often spots in odd places are caused by a sluggish system, I would then follow with either a body lotion containing either AHAs or teatree.......should help with the scarring to. Maybe we could all throw in a fiver to see the pics ??? ;)

hahahaha maybe i should offer to drop the pants for charity rotfl

will give that a try... any AHA body lotion that is particularly good? :)

Latest posts

Back