Waxing elderly women

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady*b

Reaction score
hey everyone!

I've been asked to do a lip and chin wax on a 94 year old lady and i'm just after some advice as i've never waxed anyone that old before!
I know their skin is really delicate so just wondering what the best thing to do is to avoid any problems.
Thanks xxx

Is it the first wax for that lady or has she been waxed before?

I would only ever use hard wax for those areas as this is developed for the sensitive areas and if you make sure that you stretch the skin to keep it tight then you should be fine.

she's had waxing before but has contacted me as her usual therapist is emigrating. I normally use warm wax so hopefully that will be ok.
She lives in a nursing home so hopefully i could get more work from it but do you think there would be a problem with management?

there could be a whole new client base for you. I dont know why the nursing home would have a problem but its maybe worth you speaking to them to explain what you are trying to offer so they are aware of it?

PS would still only use the hard /non strip wax for those areas, even moreso with older clients!

yeah i thought i could offer manicures on a regular basis as most homes have hairdressers in weekly so why not beauty therapists?

I've never used the hard wax but i've had it used on me can i put it in my normal wax heater?

xx

Depending on what wax heater you have you can have both on at the same time (if its a double heater) or alternatively you would need to swap pots over. I would always have both waxes on as its a good combination for most clients and saves a lot of time if you have both waxes warm and ready for your client.

In your case - if you are going in the nursing home you are probably only going to need the hard wax so you should be ok swapping the pots over and just having the hard wax there.

If you have never used it before i would definitely have a look at a course and practice before to make sure you can use it efficiently and comfortably for your clients before you take on the first paying customers with this new venture :O))

Hiya, if using strip wax just allow the wax to cool ever so slightly on spatula before applying. Don't allow to cool down too much as this in itself could cause problems.
Nice firm pressure on wax strip as there will no doubt be lots of very strong hair. Ensure you get client to tilt head back as more often than not the hair goes under jaw onto neck.
Make sure not to go over any area more an once as skin is generally thinner and is more likely to bruise.
Ensure you double check thoroughly that there's no remaining hairs. If so use tweezers.
I use both strip and non strip and I can honestly say I have no problems with either wax. Each to their own.:green:

Latest posts

Back