Tinted lashes and eyelash extension infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkeedee

Reaction score
Hi
I recently tinted a clients eyelashes from very pale to black (first ever eyelash tint, just trained in tinting) and then a couple of days later i applied her a set of eyelash extensions. The client is in love with her new look and plans to have regular infills but my question to other lash geeks is, how do i maintain the colour of the lashes as well as infilling the extensions?
Any advice will be much appreciated thank you :) xx

Hi, unfortunately you can't infill & tint. You'd need to remove the lashes and start fresh :-(

Awww no!!! :( I had a feeling that might be the case but was hoping there was a way round it. Thank you so much for your help, its much appreciated x

Can I ask how long your extensions lasted in tinted lashes. I have had two friends who had tint and then a day later EE's and found they didn't last very long..started falling out in 3 days. It could be my application as only been doing EE's since April. However, when I don't tint they stay in. I was thinking maybe the lashes are weaker because of the peroxide in tint..just curious.

Hi
I recently tinted a clients eyelashes from very pale to black (first ever eyelash tint, just trained in tinting) and then a couple of days later i applied her a set of eyelash extensions. The client is in love with her new look and plans to have regular infills but my question to other lash geeks is, how do i maintain the colour of the lashes as well as infilling the extensions?
Any advice will be much appreciated thank you :) xx

Have you removed every bit of tint left on the lashes? Ibe never had a problem with this and do tiny lashed quite often prior to application. Check your application of the extensions too and also are you using primer and sealant and are the clients following aftercare

If you are coating each natural lash with glue during ee application there isnt a need to tint??.....

Sen t from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I used black lashes and glue on a few clients with light eyelashes and it worked out fine. There was no need to tint the lashes before application.

Since my original post I've found that there is no need for a tint before lashing. The black glue covers the light coloured lashes. This client is totally addicted to having lash extensions and couldn't bear the waiting between tinting and new set so we don't tint anymore.

Whilst you get a very good look with the dark extensions on fair lashes you will get an even better look if you tint them as it will colour all the tiny and fine hairs also as well as the bottom lashes so it will give a much fuller look with the tint under the lash extensions.

Latest posts

Back