Hot wax pre wax oil, which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mixnmatch1

Reaction score
I have decided to order perron Rigot euroblonde hot wax for Hollywood waxing,what pre wax oil would you recommend for treating the skin beforehand,i dont want the wax to remove the skin.

Why don't you buy the Perron rigot jasmine oil aswell then? :)

If you are using the Perron Rigot wax then i would have a look at their oil as it would work well together. you would be able to use oils from other companies but generally the products are designed to work together so i would stick with one brand if you can?

I would stick with their Jasmine Oil, its fab :) I use Euro Blonde.

You can use any carrier oil. It's just to create a lipid barrier so it doesn't matter which brand you use.

What after wax lotion would you recommend for afterwards? I can only find a kitre bottle of perron rigot jasmine oil,is there anywhere that sells smaller sizes.
i am going opt for euroblonde :)

^ Thalgo sell the smaller sizes in all the lotions/oils.

Perron have a few pre wax oils in the range although the Jasmine oil is the most popular.
As Angelina has said you can use any oil underneath your wax

Jack

Personally I use the Jasmine oil by PR and the fragrance is sensational! All my clients comment on how lovely it is!

I rang Thalgo yesterday to order the euroblonde and a smaller sized jasmine oil and because it was my first order they waived the £7.99 postage cost.YAY!
Can't wait to try it out,will be here today :)

Whilst generally speaking it is advisable to stick with the various products a brand sell it doesn't always follow that alternatives are less effective
The only way to find out is to try it and see for yourself however possibly better to stick with the same brand
HTH

Last edited:
I was never told to use oil in my training at college in hot wax. can you use pre wax gel or is oil the way to go? if so do u put it on sparingly? confused.com doesnt the wax just slide off the oil?

The pre-wax oil will depend on what wax you're using - you don't apply a lot of oil, just enough to stop the wax sticking to the skin. I doubt gel would have any effect...

Unless the wax you use states that you should use pre-wax oil then stick to what you do. If you want to use the waxes like PR, Berins and I think Lycon then you should be using a pre-wax oil - the results are in my personal view FAR superior!

The pre-wax oil will depend on what wax you're using - you don't apply a lot of oil, just enough to stop the wax sticking to the skin. I doubt gel would have any effect...

Unless the wax you use states that you should use pre-wax oil then stick to what you do. If you want to use the waxes like PR, Berins and I think Lycon then you should be using a pre-wax oil - the results are in my personal view FAR superior!

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly... Would you use pre wax oil for the PR strip wax also? X

Yes :)
Both for Berins and PR stripwaxes :)

Yes :)
Both for Berins and PR stripwaxes :)

Thanks, I thought so :) just thought I'd check, as I'm gonna put an order in for PR :) x

Latest posts

Back