Cheap spray tan solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R D Beauty

Reaction score
Hi I currently use Xen tan and Sienna x for my spray tan and charge £20 or two for £30. I have heard of some people doing them for as little as £8 does any one know of a cheap solution that I could offer a cheaper spray tan with?

Why would you want to do that?
You'll just get crap clients and a crap tan

Yeah I know but I am trying to compete with the cheaper salons in the area at least if I have a cheaper option I could offer this as an alternative. I would rather clients come to me rather than go else were even the crap ones. Don't want to drop my prices of my regular tans just have an alternative :/

Yeah I know but I am trying to compete with the cheaper salons in the area at least if I have a cheaper option I could offer this as an alternative. I would rather clients come to me tater than go else were even the crap ones. Don't want to drop my prices of my regular tans just have an alternative :/

There is no point getting a cheaper tan solution. It will come out tacky and orange and it will be your reputation that's on the line. No one will listen to the oh I'm competing with other salons so use a cheaper brand all they will see is the state of the tan.

Don't compete with the £8 tanners you will never make any profit and you will get a bad name. Just don't x

Hi,

Instead of looking for a supplier that is cheaper why not look for a supplier that has special offers on solutions! That way you wouldn' have to compramise quality if a solution is very cheap you are not going to get good results this will then mean unhappy customers and no repeat business.

Thanks Leela xx

Yeah I know I thought that's what you would all say! I just needed to here it I think. My clients love my tans so far never had a complaint in over 12 months. Thanks for the reassurance ;)

Yeah I know I thought that's what you would all say! I just needed to here it I think. My clients love my tans so far never had a complaint in over 12 months. Thanks for the reassurance ;)

So stick with your clients :) you don't need cheap ass clients. Just think they have to do 2 spray tans to equal one of yours so (that's if you charge £15-20). So in the long run you are making more money than them without having to work as hard. I would rather 1 client who appreciates my time and effort that 2 cheapos that just want a tan because it's cheap.

Better clientele means a better business x x

if your looking for something cheaper that produces a nice tan I'd say Suntana, I personally use nouvatan (which is lovely) & although it's not really that expensive it is darer than suntana & as you say you want a cheaper tan so suntana might be right for you, but saying that why not try Suntana & nouvatan? x

I have recently seen on Facebook that a girl local to me is doing mobile tans for £5!! She's either desperate to get a few clients or just plain silly. I couldn't believe it

I have recently seen on Facebook that a girl local to me is doing mobile tans for £5!! She's either desperate to get a few clients or just plain silly. I couldn't believe it

That wouldn't even cover petrol, insurance, and solution! :eek::eek::eek:

Good advice re looking at who has offers on at the moment, that way you are still offering a decent product, but can do a cheaper alternative (if you really feel you need to). Look at LA Tan and SuDo (I've used both and both are lovely... the slight difference I found against a better product like Xen Tan, is that they don't fade off as well - especially LA tan, it can go a bit patchy if the client is slack with moisturising, but the actual tan itself is lovely) It's an option if you do want to offer two brands. And as for SuDo, I loved this and if I'm completely honest, I personally find it as good as Xen (yes seriously!)... can't pass comment on Sienna X though as I don't get on with it... personal bad experience which has put me off stocking it in my salon, haha! Xx

Latest posts

Back