The natural lash is back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess Layla

Reaction score
The natural lash is back - writes Eve Oxberry in this months professional beauty!
Just wanting to know is anyone noticing a shift from extreme lashes back to the more natural lash?

All but two of my lash clients have asked me for glamour look. The third one that used to wear 13s has downsized to 12s. Mind you, i havent been doing lashes very long.90% of my cluents asjed for fullness rather than lenght tho :)

Jurate xx

Same here only been lashing since last year and my clients all request more fullness as opposed to length, most have 7 and 9 m, again longest some have is 12 m on outer corners.

Same here only been lashing since last year and my clients all request more fullness as opposed to length, most have 7 and 9 m, again longest some have is 12 m on outer corners.

Wow, 7! I havent even touched mine yet and have a load of them :) 11, 10 and 9 are all go mostly :)

Jurate xx

I have always promoted the natural look with extensions.

I think the ultimate compliment is when someone says to one of my clients "Oh, you have the most gorgeous lashes. You are so lucky"
Not, "Oh, where do you get your false lashes done"

I think it depends on where you stay and your clientele though.

I do OK. :)

I think it depends on ur age to be honest. I wouldn't get a 20 yr old asking for natural. And I'm yet to get a 50 yr old asking for a Jordan lol x I use mainly 7, 9, 10 or 8, 10, 11 x I got a very nice look with 8 all the way along x

7, 8, 9, 10's are my most popular. My clients do love the 0.25 mostly as well. Some have very fine lashes tho so can't have them. Fullness over length for all of my clients.

I got my eyelashes done the other day by a friend who recently qualified. I think I had 9, 11 and 13 is that actually quite long then?

I got my eyelashes done the other day by a friend who recently qualified. I think I had 9, 11 and 13 is that actually quite long then?

Have to be honest I think most newly qualified lashers think longer is better. They (myself included) soon learn this isn't the case x

yessss the natural look is back :lol:

Iv been using .10 lately and applying 2 to one lash, making a .20 in weight (so still absolutely acceptable in weight per lash), absolutely stunning, loving it so much, doubles the amount of natural lashes and gives a gorgeous fluffy look.

Ofcourse you can still go longer in length with these lashes but Im loving the look.

Fullness over thickness every time :lol:

yessss the natural look is back :lol:

Iv been using .10 lately and applying 2 to one lash, making a .20 in weight (so still absolutely acceptable in weight per lash), absolutely stunning, loving it so much, doubles the amount of natural lashes and gives a gorgeous fluffy look.

Ofcourse you can still go longer in length with these lashes but Im loving the look.

Fullness over thickness every time :lol:

Do you use 2 of the same length on each lash or do you mix? I would love to try this but I know it won't catch on with everyone :wink2:

Have to be honest I think most newly qualified lashers think longer is better. They (myself included) soon learn this isn't the case x

Do you think fuller is better then? I was a bit worried that the more she puts on, the messier it could look? I do love them but the length makes wearing glasses really annoying!!!

Do you use 2 of the same length on each lash or do you mix? I would love to try this but I know it won't catch on with everyone :wink2:

Its not for everyone :biggrin: but I am a lil obsessed with it at the mo, especially for those clients that have fewer lashes.

I put two different lengths on, both facing the same way, so NOT as a Y lash, the shorter will go on top and curl up before the longer one curls, giving the impression of two lashes, absolutely gorgeous and so soft looking.

All the lashes have their place, and I have a good mix of Glamour and Natural clients, just love checking out every option :lol:

Do you think fuller is better then? I was a bit worried that the more she puts on, the messier it could look? I do love them but the length makes wearing glasses really annoying!!!

They shouldnt look messy at all regardless of what length you have on.

There are techniques to stop lashes looking messy or spidery, which your lash tech should know, ie, filling with shorter lashes to give depth, correct thickness of lash etc.

The more lashes that go on, the better your extensions should look :biggrin:

I have a mix of Glamour (mainly the younger end)and natural. I try to lead them down the fuller more natural look.

Also I find the longer the lashes the more they seem to have a pick!

I've got good selection tho so can do whatever they desire...
loving your idea 'Blinkingorgeous' going to try that out in the morning on a new client if she's willing :)

Its not for everyone :biggrin: but I am a lil obsessed with it at the mo, especially for those clients that have fewer lashes.

I put two different lengths on, both facing the same way, so NOT as a Y lash, the shorter will go on top and curl up before the longer one curls, giving the impression of two lashes, absolutely gorgeous and so soft looking.

All the lashes have their place, and I have a good mix of Glamour and Natural clients, just love checking out every option :lol:

This sounds beautiful! X

Sounds lovely! Have you a photo?
I've played around using 2 one one lash but as a Y. I'm not keen but a shorter one on top sounds fab! x

:lol:
Sounds lovely! Have you a photo?
I've played around using 2 one one lash but as a Y. I'm not keen but a shorter one on top sounds fab! x

No photos at the mo of that particular style Im afraid but Iv got 4 new sets over the next 3 days so at least one of them will be a full set of .10s or I may mix them hmmmm not sure yet lol, I always take pics anyway so they will be on my fb page when I do them

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Blinkin-Gorgeous/100228063367162

Latest posts

Back