Tinting patch test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondering what you'd all do...
If you had someone that has tinting regularly (elsewhere) and comes to you for a tint, but no time for a patch test and was happy to sign something to say they were advised a patch test but declined one and wanted to go ahead with the treatment anyway...
Would you do it? Or would you refuse and insist on a patch test and if time wouldn't allow them to have it (I.e. because they wanted the tiny the same day) just point blank refuse and lose the business?

Thanks

I always patch test and have it written on my website and in my price list. Even if someone has had it done elsewhere before, i'd worry that i used a different brand that could have a different ingredient that might not agree with them.

That said, a lot of people do it. It's up to you, but remember that your insurance will not cover you if you haven't done a patch test, so would that tenner you're making be worth it? xx

Totally agree with Flawless Beauty. No patch test.....no treatment. The client may be allergic to products..... if there was a reaction and your client sued,and you didn't have proof of doing a patch test then your insurance will not cover you. New client or not.......a big definite NO.

So even if they sign a disclaimer stating they were offered a test but refused prior to treatment does the insurance not cover?

So even if they sign a disclaimer stating they were offered a test but refused prior to treatment does the insurance not cover?

As far as I am aware any disclaimer they may sign wouldn't be worth the paper its written on. At the end of the day, we as professionals, should be making every effort to ensure that our clients are safe. If they were to have an adverse reaction to a tint, especially as it is so close to their eyes, the possibilities don't bear thinking about. Always err on the side of caution.....no tint test......no tint. If that means loosing a client, so be it, at least we remain professional.

That's good, glad you all replied and said that as that's what I had done and told the client :) my thoughts exactly :) thanks geeks xxx

No, a disclaimer does not cover you. No patch test, no insurance.

Glad to help Glamour xx

I would refuse to do it, how do you know which product she had before, you could be using something different and you need to do your own patch test even if she says its the same product.

A friend of mine wanted a tint and didnt want the patch test as she regularly has had them done elsewhere before, I refused to do it unless she was tested.

Even if they do sign a disclaimer and then reacted very badly to the tint, it wouldnt look great for you as the professional knowing that doing the treatment could cause a reaction.

Good for you for refusing without a test :biggrin:

Would I do it? No, categorically not!

I need to know for myself and for my client that any treatment I perform on her is safe. I have had (prospective) clients slam their way out of the salon when I've refused but I haven't regretted my decision for one minute.
I'm not prepared to have any of my clients look like they got kicked in the face by a horse ... and I never want to have to claim on my insurance.

:)

Hi all

Just wondering what you'd all do...
If you had someone that has tinting regularly (elsewhere) and comes to you for a tint, but no time for a patch test and was happy to sign something to say they were advised a patch test but declined one and wanted to go ahead with the treatment anyway...
Would you do it? Or would you refuse and insist on a patch test and if time wouldn't allow them to have it (I.e. because they wanted the tiny the same day) just point blank refuse and lose the business?

Thanks

Would I do it? No, categorically not!

I need to know for myself and for my client that any treatment I perform on her is safe. I have had (prospective) clients slam their way out of the salon when I've refused but I haven't regretted my decision for one minute.
I'm not prepared to have any of my clients look like they got kicked in the face by a horse ... and I never want to have to claim on my insurance.

:)

Thanks :) I had already told her no and that was the end of it :)
(she wasn't happy, but hey ho who cares, she wouldn't be happy if she ended up looking like something out of the goonies either haha) I just wanted to see if other geeks would do the same, as I'd got the impression someone had done it for her before without testing.... Tut tut!!

Latest posts

Back