Spray tan on olive skin tone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazz89

Reaction score
Hi im tanning a lady on friday whos italian,
she said shes worried about the tan as shes had a couple of tans by someone else before that turned her skin yellow??

i use sunless soloution what % would you reccommend for olive skin tone or has anyone tanned an olive skin tone and how did it come out?

thanks!:D x

Hi im tanning a lady on friday whos italian,
she said shes worried about the tan as shes had a couple of tans by someone else before that turned her skin yellow??

i use sunless solution what % would you recommend for olive skin tone or has anyone tanned an olive skin tone and how did it come out?

thanks!:D x

When she says yellow she probably means orange which is a sign of DHA overload
Skin types are simply a generalization which works for most however there are some anomalies within each skin type
I dont know what DHA % she previously had applied but clearly it was to high for her own skin type....maybe ask her if she knows and drop down a percentage
If she doesn't know the ,even though she is olive skinned try an 8% to be on the safe side
If this is to light for her at least she wont be orange and on her next application go up another percentage and so on
HTH and good luck

Ok thank you!

I have an olive skin tone and have no problems with nouvatan 14%

I would go with 8% deft to begin with. Explain that you are using this because of her past experience and if it is too ligh you can step up to 10 next time. She will still get a nice colour from 8.

If I'm tanning an olive skinned client I would use a 50:50 mix of 10% and 12% to start with then up it to 25:75 10% and 12% if she wants it darker next time or the other way round if she wants it lighter.

i have olive skin and use 12% suntanna with no trouble x

Latest posts

Back