Spraytan guide is it always perfect?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harlsdiesel2

Reaction score
My question is this when you Spraytan does it always look perfect all over?(please be honest)ive been tanning for a while and don't get any come backs just noticed that lately my tan seems to collect a little round the neck area.so the neck sometimes looks darker and not very even but I'm not sure if this is just where clients are moving there head around straight after and looking down to see there tan this seems to smudge the neck area.once washed off its normally fine just really bugs me!anyone else get this?Xx

my guide colour is never 'perfect' as much as i try to make it perfect, Ive also found the chest area always looks much lighter (never quite worked out why? So if anyone knows the theory behind this please do tell, it's on all of my clients too so not just a one off, I must add that the chest area is brown once washed off, just not when I've sprayed it.)

Another thing ive found is clients ankles usually look slightly orangey on the guide but once washed off are fine, (I don't spray too much either so I'm gathering it's because the shin area is dryer?)

my guide colour is never 'perfect' as much as i try to make it perfect, Ive also found the chest area always looks much lighter (never quite worked out why? So if anyone knows the theory behind this please do tell, it's on all of my clients too so not just a one off, I must add that the chest area is brown once washed off, just not when I've sprayed it.)

Another thing ive found is clients ankles usually look slightly orangey on the guide but once washed off are fine, (I don't spray too much either so I'm gathering it's because the shin area is dryer?)

What do you use Lush? i find Sienna X looks orangey on guide colour but golden once washed. I'm not sure if i overspray???

My question is this when you Spraytan does it always look perfect all over?(please be honest)ive been tanning for a while and don't get any come backs just noticed that lately my tan seems to collect a little round the neck area.so the neck sometimes looks darker and not very even but I'm not sure if this is just where clients are moving there head around straight after and looking down to see there tan this seems to smudge the neck area.once washed off its normally fine just really bugs me!anyone else get this?Xx

After quite a few tans, i found my last 3 or 4 have had this neck problem. It has been fine after showering though. Its difficult when your client is asking about it though x

What do you use Lush? i find Sienna X looks orangey on guide colour but golden once washed. I'm not sure if i overspray???

I use Nouvatan x

My customers almost always have dark circles under their arms where they put their arm down. However I always tell them this will not how once they have washed the guide colour off as that's what I was taught in my training. Haven't (touch wood) had anyone come back complaining about it so far....

With the gathering in neck thing.... This has happened to me twice and it was because I must have spryed their neck quite alot for it to still be quite damp, so when they looked down or to the side it gathered in the creases. The first person was my sis in law, I dabbed in with a mitt and then resprayed...actually think I made
More of a mess of it! The second person I just left it completely, gave it a good drying off with the hose and by the end of the whole tan it had gone. So I have learnt to just leave it now!

I find the stomach always looks lighter? have no idea why! xx

After quite a few tans, i found my last 3 or 4 have had this neck problem. It has been fine after showering though. Its difficult when your client is asking about it though x

It's so hard to explain just have to tell em to leave it and hopefully it'll be all good! Glad I'm not the only one so annoying.do you think I'm over spraying it?Xx

This happens to me too, sometimes wish they would just keep their head still! Ive never had any complaints about it after its been washed and when a client asks about it I just tell them that the colour blends really well after it has developed. The same thing happens when they bend their arm or when they get dressed, always get a little line somewhere but it tends to even out.

Done one this mornin and told my client to wait til I've finished before she looked just to see the out come and have to say I was well chuffed he neck looked pretty good.think I've gotta start being stricter with them and maybe this won't happen again.x

Latest posts

Back