Booster drops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwickham

Reaction score
Excuse me for being totally thick, but with a 7 month old with chicken pox my brain is muddled! I sprayed a client with NKD medium and added two booster drops into 100ml solution. I used half. I was trained to use 100ml so there is enough solution. So my question is when I do my next client with the darker one I add normal solution to make 100ml but how many drops do I add?

Does that make sense or have I waffled rubbish??

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

Well if for every 100ml you add 2 drops you have the choice of saying that equals 1 drop per 50ml therefore add 50ml of solution and 1 drop of booster OR you could add 100ml of solution to your cup and the 2 booster drops which means you have enough for another 2 tans before you top up the cup again.

Perfect sense. Now feel totally silly as so obvious! Thank you!

LOL, while on the subject of being thick - I use Nouvatan and my friend uses Sunless Solutions. We purchased respective booster drops. Nouvatan is 34% dha - 10 drops per 50ml to increase 1%. Sunless Solutions is 34% dha - 2 drops per 50ml to increase by 1%. Errrr why is there a difference or have we misread something?

LOL, while on the subject of being thick - I use Nouvatan and my friend uses Sunless Solutions. We purchased respective booster drops. Nouvatan is 34% dha - 10 drops per 50ml to increase 1%. Sunless Solutions is 34% dha - 2 drops per 50ml to increase by 1%. Errrr why is there a difference or have we misread something?

That doesn't sound thick at all! Doesn't make much sense to me so hopefully someone will be able to explain that one soon.
Rhiannon x

Maybe the booster drops are both 34% DHA but one has been 'watered down' with extra ingredients in it (added scent or moisturising ingredients etc...) meaning that you need to add more drops to get the % increase stated.

A cup of coffee has the same amount of caffine in it as the teaspoon of coffee granuals used to make it, but if you made a paste with those granuals you would need to use less than you would of the mug of made up coffee to get the same amount of caffine, so you would need say 1/4 of a teaspoon of the paste but you would need 1/4 of the mug of the made up coffee to get the same caffine - hope that make sense.

Excuse me for being totally thick, but with a 7 month old with chicken pox my brain is muddled! I sprayed a client with NKD medium and added two booster drops into 100ml solution. I used half. I was trained to use 100ml so there is enough solution. So my question is when I do my next client with the darker one I add normal solution to make 100ml but how many drops do I add?

Does that make sense or have I waffled rubbish??

its good to see a NKD user :hug:

1) You should be using between 35-45ml solution per full body application and not 100ml...your simply doubling your application cost

2) I assume your using NKD booster drops which are a 35% DHA concentrate and therefore simply add 1 good drop from the concentrate to 100ml solution to increase the overall concentrate by + 1%

HTH
And just for your information there is a new NKD group here ...why not join and use this group for discussion purposes also

HTH and good luck :hug:

I'm confused. The booster drops I use are 50% dha and you have to use 10 drops per 100ml of solution to increase it by 1%. I'm confused as to how 1 drop of 34% dha would increase 100ml by 1%. Maybe I'm being thick too! X

I think there is quite a bit of confusion in the industrie with regards to DHA percentages. Unfortunately its not that easy to compare percentages and say all 14% solutions are the same as the different manufacturers might be using different DHA (ie pure certified or synthetic) which makes a difference to the tan outcome.

I'm confused. The booster drops I use are 50% dha and you have to use 10 drops per 100ml of solution to increase it by 1%. I'm confused as to how 1 drop of 34% dha would increase 100ml by 1%. Maybe I'm being thick too! X

No you are not being thick in the slightest as it can be rather confusing to say the least :hug:

Its all down to the quality of the DHA that is used by the different brands.

A good quality pharmaceutical grade DHA will be considerably stronger than a synthetic or made in china DHA.
Our NKD DHA is pharmaceutical grade and therefore requires less concentrate to boost the overall DHA content of what it is mixed with.

The same applies to general Tanning solutions and why some are stronger than others ..I.E why brand "a" 8% is darker than brand "b" of the same quoted DHA content.

Again all NKD as well as all our other brands that come under the Big Red Beauty International portfolio of products use certified pharmaceutical DHA
Hopefully this helps to clarify matters for you :hug:

No you are not being thick in the slightest as it can be rather confusing to say the least :hug:

Its all down to the quality of the DHA that is used by the different brands.

A good quality pharmaceutical grade DHA will be considerably stronger than a synthetic or made in china DHA.
Our NKD DHA is pharmaceutical grade and therefore requires less concentrate to boost the overall DHA content of what it is mixed with.

The same applies to general Tanning solutions and why some are stronger than others ..I.E why brand "a" 8% is darker than brand "b" of the same quoted DHA content.

Again all NKD as well as all our other brands that come under the Big Red Beauty International portfolio of products use certified pharmaceutical DHA
Hopefully this helps to clarify matters for you :hug:

Ah ok thank you for clearing that up. I think I will try a higher quality booster in that case. Mine is obviously rubbish! X

its good to see a NKD user :hug:

1) You should be using between 35-45ml solution per full body application and not 100ml...your simply doubling your application cost

2) I assume your using NKD booster drops which are a 35% DHA concentrate and therefore simply add 1 good drop from the concentrate to 100ml solution to increase the overall concentrate by + 1%

HTH
And just for your information there is a new NKD group here ...why not join and use this group for discussion purposes also

HTH and good luck :hug:

I really like NKD! A few clients have wanted a bit darker, but I am not sure about getting the dark in case its too dark!. I use about 50ml per application as still quite new, but put in 100ml to ensure the solution reaches the gun. I am thinking its like a drink with a straw and it being hard to get the last bit out!
Where do i find groups?

I really like NKD! A few clients have wanted a bit darker, but I am not sure about getting the dark in case its too dark!. I use about 50ml per application as still quite new, but put in 100ml to ensure the solution reaches the gun. I am thinking its like a drink with a straw and it being hard to get the last bit out!
Where do i find groups?

Im glad you like NKD as much as I do...which is why its my signature solution :Love:

Rather than playing about with booster drops why not simply get the Dark solution in.

Your doing right by putting plenty of solution in your cup and so avoiding problems when the solution gets low

you can find the NKD group here Salon Geek - Get NKD with Collin

HTH

Ah ok thank you for clearing that up. I think I will try a higher quality booster in that case. Mine is obviously rubbish! X

dont throw away what you have already purchased ...simply follow the recommended additive dosage requirements and I'm sure you will be fine
Once you have finished the concentrate then if you so wish look elsewhere

Im glad you like NKD as much as I do...which is why its my signature solution :Love:

Rather than playing about with booster drops why not simply get the Dark solution in.

Your doing right by putting plenty of solution in your cup and so avoiding problems when the solution gets low

you can find the NKD group here Salon Geek - Get NKD with Collin

HTH

Oh you are "the" Collin. I can now tell my clients I have had advice from you!! How dark is the dark? A lot different to medium and two booster drops?

Oh you are "the" Collin. I can now tell my clients I have had advice from you!! How dark is the dark? A lot different to medium and two booster drops?

yes thats me :o:o

The medium NKD is 10% and the NKD dark is 14%

To get the medium to dark place at least 4 + one for the pot into 100ml solution and job done(thats using the NKD booster drops)

HTH :Love:

Latest posts

Back