Eyebrows: Hot wax Vs warm wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am hoping you will share you thoughts with me on what you prefer and why. I am trained in both but 99% of the time I use hot wax as I believe its gentler on the skin and the clients do seem to prefer it.

I am looking at going on a training course but they use warm wax only, Im not sure how I feel about this.

Please share your thoughts and hopefully help me to make a decision.

Thankyou

Hot wax for me, you definitely get a better line
x

I trained to do them with warm wax as it can grip the little tiny hairs better in most cases but personally I've moved over to using my hot wax to do them... just less messy in my view :)

Warm wax is absolutely fine on the eyebrows. I rarely use hot wax on eyebrows unless there's a specific need to.

As for the comment that you get a better line with hot wax,I personally dont agree. The end result should be the same.

Wax is designed to remove hair regardless of being hot or warm. Finish off with tweezers and you should have a perfect line,arch,brow!

It's all down to the therapists ability,experience and flair as far as eyebrows go IMHO.

You need to look at your clients needs really to decide what to use. I think it's good to train in both warm and hot waxing. They both have their uses and I wouldn't be without either.

Thankyou Babsann

What would make you choose to use one rather than the other on your client or are you asking the individual if they have a preference?

I find I can usually achieve the same result with both but personally find it easier working with Hot Wax and my clients seem to prefer it.

Thankyou Babsann

What would make you choose to use one rather than the other on your client or are you asking the individual if they have a preference?

I find I can usually achieve the same result with both but personally find it easier working with Hot Wax and my clients seem to prefer it.

It would depend on hair type and sensitivity. If a client has a very strong hair growth then I would say hot wax is better though I have no problems using strip wax on strong hair or on a sensitive skin. There are ways to deal with this ie pre wax oil and correct application and removal technique of wax and strip

If I have a problem with a clients sensitivity to strip wax or they have a very strong hair growth with lots of hairs remaining,then I will resort to using hot wax.

I can do all treatments using either,including Brazilian or hollywood. I rarely have a client who requests one or the other though when I have it's actually usually strip wax on the bikini area that clients prefer. Which goes against what some have said on here but each to their own and this is just my experience.

Everyone has their own opinions and I think there's no right or wrong way,if it works for you and your client is happy then keep with what you're happy with.

Thankyou for the reply.

I usually find the only reasons my clients may ask for strip wax on their bikini are is due to a bad experience with hot wax involving the dreaded "pickingg".

Its interesting to hear everyones point of view.

With the right wax you can achieve very good results whether you use hard or soft wax and i think it depends on the actual product, the application technique but also the client.

I use a lot of soft/cream wax even for the bikini area and further in as some clients find it easier than the setting time of hard waxes, however for brows and facial waxing i would only use the hard wax as its a lot more comfortable and less irritaing than the soft waxes. I do agree though that sometimes the cream wax seems to pull finer and shorter hair better and i have used it if i couldnt get a few stray ones out with the hard wax and its worked a treat!!

there is no fixed rule and everyone will probably recommend slightly different techniques and tips so see how you get on and what works best for you :O)

I use hot wax for brows as it's gentler on the skin, however, only strip wax will remove tint.

You should get exactly the same line and finish with either type of wax though as that's all about skill and not product.

Thankyou Geeks, its interesting to see everyones point of view. Personally I prefer using hot wax but I can see the benefit of both.

Keep it coming.

Im also glad its been said a couple of times you can get the same finish with both as Id hate to think I was doing my client out of a decent shape just because of my choice of wax....

I use both depending on client and brow type. I can get a better shape in one simple strip with the creme wax and I find it quicker and easier to use. If anyone is finding it messy then they are putting too much on the spatula, it only takes a tiny amount.

Some clients are sensitive though and in those cases I use the non strip wax instead.

By the way if non strip is applied properly there should never be any picking off. It is only when it is applied too thinly around the edges of the strip or if it is not allowed to set, then it will break away or leave bits behind. :green:

Thankyou Shedunlop

I don't pick.......its from previous experience clients have had this issue and I usually coax them into trying it again ;)

Latest posts

Back