Cuts on thumb from threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millytint

Reaction score
Hi geeks, i have just done a search for this and haven't found any other posts about this- which is making me wonder even more if this is only happening to me!
Basically i have just done my HD Brow course and so have just started learning to thread. However, i am finding that no matter where i position the thread on my thumb of my working hand, it really causes friction and has left me with about 4/5 little tiny cuts! I am just wondering if anyone else has had this prob? Is it common? Or is my skin just REALLY thin! It is actually putting me off wanting to do this now but i really need to practice! I was thinking of putting a plaster or a glove or something on but have never seen anyone else have to do this while threading so dont want to look any different!

Hi i used to find i used to get cuts, you have the tension too tight, you need to relax it a bit more, and let the thread do the work, try and let the thread fall on your nails and not in the joins of the fingers.

Or try the mouth method as I assume you are using the cradle method? hth

Hi i used to find i used to get cuts, you have the tension too tight, you need to relax it a bit more, and let the thread do the work, try and let the thread fall on your nails and not in the joins of the fingers.

Or try the mouth method as I assume you are using the cradle method? hth

Thanks for that i will try relaxing my hand a little and watching where its landing! I am not sure what the method is called its just the "HD Brow way" lol but i am guessing it probrably is what you are referring too. I couldnt put it in my mouth as it is my working hand. Its good to know i am not the only one this is happened too! Just thought my thumb would get conditioned to it over time but dont want to dread doing it! Much appreciated advice thankyou xx

I wear white cotton gloves when threading as my fingers got really sore if I was threading for a prolonged period.

You can also try taping up your fingers. That's what I had to do on my training day because it was hurting so much!

I just use the mouth method now. It was my stronger method, and doesn't cause me any pain, so win/win.

i used to use micropore tape on my finger and found it worked a treat!

i dont agree with putting it in your mouth thought i dont find it very professional!

I used to get cuts when I had just trained so used the tech wrap for my fingers.

Now I have developed my method it's not such a problem - I guess it was just too much tension.

I have never put the thread in my mouth we were shown this at training but told not to use it as it can cause neck strain and tension

I put cotton gloves on and it works a treat.
I get them from tesco....

Latest posts

Back