Make-up: Getting the best out of clients??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.a.m.x

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently carried out a bridal make-up treatment and it left me wondering if it was any good? :rolleyes: I am confident it was and the bride was happy with it (got a nice tip!) but she was slightly older and for some reason i felt a bit stuck...

I'd love to know what everyone does to get the best out of their clients? How do you 'enhance what is already there'?

As we all know, not every client has perfect skin and some have over hanging eye lids, so what do you all do to make your clients feel a million dollars? :biggrin:

x

Without meaning to offend anyone but this is what makes the difference between a makeup artist and a beauty therapist that does makeup .
I started in beauty and would do makeup that I felt confident and looked good and my clients liked but it was nt till I trained as a Mua that u can really make the most out of your client.
Learning contouring techniques for their face shape, and colours to use that compliment their skin tone. Eye shapes and what to use where on their eyes.
If u don't want to do an advanced course YouTube have some great tutorials.
Hope this helps a bit

Without meaning to offend anyone but this is what makes the difference between a makeup artist and a beauty therapist that does makeup .
I started in beauty and would do makeup that I felt confident and looked good and my clients liked but it was nt till I trained as a Mua that u can really make the most out of your client.
Learning contouring techniques for their face shape, and colours to use that compliment their skin tone. Eye shapes and what to use where on their eyes.
If u don't want to do an advanced course YouTube have some great tutorials.
Hope this helps a bit

I do agree with you, there is a difference between learning generic make-up techniques and the actual 'art' of make-up and taking it to the next level.

This thread wasn't just for me personally. I'm interested to hear what techniques everyone uses when their client isn't perhaps 'model perfect'?

You know what I hate doing make up because people know exactly how they like it.if I didn't get so many people asking about it I would take it off my list.i hold my hands up and say all my brides get the same eyes maybe just a different colour.when it comes to technical stuff I have no idea at all,nails or any other beauty treatment in fine just make up not so good lol xxx

Latest posts

Back