Buying a couch at the Beauty UK show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickieg29

Reaction score
are there any good deals from past experience?

i have seen a bed on ebay for £66 including delivery, just wondering if the shows worth waiting for x

Me again! I'm not sure if this is the first time you've bought a couch but I have to say that I bought one from eBay - amazing quality for around £60 but to be honest I never really thought that 16kg was going to be heavy... And it is (it has wooden legs) I can't lift it. I've ended up buying a second one with aluminium legs - lightest 3 section couch around 11kgs and it's amazing.

I'm not really answering what you asked as you know from my Nouvatan post I haven't been to BeautyUK but I wanted to offer my (very little) advice!

I'm sure someone will reply and help :) x

oh, no you've helped me! the one im looking at is 18kgs, so even heavier than your one! thats definetly got me thinking- think i'll have a scout out for an aluminium one! thankyou

i think we might have a bit of a field day at the show!x

Yes - it will be heavy! Do you really wish to lump it round the NEC with 1000's of people in your way?!!!

Maybe order one and have it delivered? That way you can enjoy the show. x

If you are going to be hauling a couch around with you day-to-day I wonder if there is a trolley designed to take the stress off of your body?

I wonder if anyone can advise on where one should advertise salon equipment for sale?

I have got two electric couches to sell and have no idea where to advertise them - any suggestions apart from the Guild would be gratefully received.

Jacqui

Only other places I have found are Gumtree and ebay :( And any post I have made asking have been deleted :(

If you are going to be hauling a couch around with you day-to-day I wonder if there is a trolley designed to take the stress off of your body?

I wonder if anyone can advise on where one should advertise salon equipment for sale?

I have got two electric couches to sell and have no idea where to advertise them - any suggestions apart from the Guild would be gratefully received.

Jacqui

I bought my electric couch from eBay. It was a buyer collects deal so you wouldn't have to worry about postage issues.

Feel good uk have really good beds for a really good price, mine was next day delivery too x

Me again! I'm not sure if this is the first time you've bought a couch but I have to say that I bought one from eBay - amazing quality for around £60 but to be honest I never really thought that 16kg was going to be heavy... And it is (it has wooden legs) I can't lift it. I've ended up buying a second one with aluminium legs - lightest 3 section couch around 11kgs and it's amazing.

I'm not really answering what you asked as you know from my Nouvatan post I haven't been to BeautyUK but I wanted to offer my (very little) advice!

I'm sure someone will reply and help :) x

Hi I was wondering if you could tell me where you brought the 3 section aluminum legged couch from?

Thanks you!!

x

Just a bump! :)

x

Thank you BabsAnn and Tinxy and thank you Vickie for letting me 'kind of 'share your thread :hug:

Hi I was wondering if you could tell me where you brought the 3 section aluminum legged couch from?

Thanks you!!

x

Heres the exact one I got from the same seller.

Item number (type into the eBay search bar)

The seller is mega_deals1

Fast delivery - very professional and replied quickly to my email - different colours available but I went with cream which is quite a yellow cream but I like it.

Hope this helps x

Last edited:
I bought my couch from ebay - i spent a while on there and it seemed to me that the cheaper ones were plus p&p and the slightly more expensive ones were inc p&p.... so all in all there were all around the £85 mark!

I love my couch and it is a def must if you want to be professional when waxing/lash extensions/tinting etc, i also prefer using it for nails too as i dont have to use the corner of a table thats never the right height! lol!

Anyway, re the weight - mine is wooden legged and is a bit heavy. I cnat carry it with the strap, but it has handles on the sides so i fold it up and put it back in its bag and then do the zips up so that they meet on the middle of the side and then when i move it i just unzip a hand sized section and use the carry handles on the side of the actual couch.

hope that is of some use!

Heres the exact one u got from the same seller.

Item number (type into the eBay search bar)

The seller is mega_deals1

Fast delivery - very professional - different colours available but I went with cream which is quite a yellow cream but I like it.

Hope this helps x

Your a STAR!! thank you :) xx

Your a STAR!! thank you :) xx

You're welcome :)

One other point is that I learnt from another therapist to remove all those "extra bits" (arm rests etc) as I don't need them and they're just adding extra weight

x

Latest posts

Back