Converting from rub on tan to spray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini4mum

Reaction score
Hi all, just some advice required for an 'Oldie' Rub on sunless tan conversion to spray tanning!!

I have been using Fake Bake for many years and but want to change to a spray:-

1) I exfoliate clients before I apply lotion - do you do the same with Spray tanning or is it down to the client to make sure they are exfoliated?

2) How long does the tan last compared with a rub on tan?

3) Does it make an awful mess!???!!! (my room is cream LOL) even with a cubicle?

When you train, do you get shown how to contour etc?
Many thanks & I feel really embarrassed :o asking these questions, but would be grateful for some replies!!
Fiona :)

Hi all, just some advice required for an 'Oldie' Rub on sunless tan conversion to spray tanning!!

1) I exfoliate clients before I apply lotion - do you do the same with Spray tanning or is it down to the client to make sure they are exfoliated?

3) Does it make an awful mess!???!!! (my room is cream LOL) even with a cubicle?

Many thanks & I feel really embarrassed :o asking these questions, but would be grateful for some replies!!

The client exfoliates and prepares her skin prior to appointment.

Back in the day St Tropez suggested that the cream rub-on lasted slighty longer than the spray but I am not sure if that is still true.

I am certain you can be trained to contour but I have never bothered with it and it has never been requested by a single client.

Having said that if I had learned how to do it I would obviously advertise it and that would no doubt raise awareness and generate requests for it.

I was so so happy to stop the rub-on method.

My St Tropez unit has a built in extractor fan so it is not messy.

Hope some of this helps.

Clients prepare themselves beforehand

I have only ever sprayed and my clients get between 7-10 days

As long as you spray correctly, there is minimal to no overspray of which is confined to the tent. Its best to open a window if you are dping a party

Not unless its a specific contour training, but I have had a few clients ask this in relation to their abs and I just spray them in

Hope that helps
x

Many thanks for your replies, it's much appreciated :)

Latest posts

Back