LDN skins tan sample, trying tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
I have just received samples from the lovely people at LDN skins,and am having it sprayed on me tomorrow, will be marking it for :-

• How quick it dries and tackiness
  • over spray some tans are worse then others
  • how much tan used
  • colour after wash off
  • colour transfer on bedding,towels,clothes( supposed to be non transferable)
  • drying to skin or not
  • how long tan lasts
  • comments regarding the tan
  • fade off.
I have been preping all week to get my skin ready ,exfoliated everyday and moisturised,so now ready for tan.:green:

Very interested in your review, will keep an eye on this thread!

I loved it , quite a 'wet' tan if that makes sense ? And smelled gorgeous ! Sweet and developed lovely. Not too dark on application either ! Could do a days work with it developing

Will be interested to hear your review :) x

Me too. My samples also arrived today so will be trying the tone 3 on myself tomorrow or Friday. Really looking forward to seeing the end result. Will post my thougts later x

Ive tried samples of both on regular tanning clients and they have been super impressed!!
I had to turn my gun down a bit , it comes out so nicely and pretty much dries instantly, smells great and no over spray, faded well and general impression is nice and natural.
Guide colour is quite light but u do get used to it and the clients looked great afterwards.

I have been using liquid sun and fusion by vani t for a couple of years but the price always pains me. This product is organic and excellent for the skin but price tag is not so high!!

Cant wait to hear your review! x

I have samples to try but what per centages are the tones???? I'm really confused about that!!!!

Thanks!

I've also just got some samples through. I would be very interested to hear the reviews.

It sounds great from what I have heard, the only worry is that the colour is meant to be a lot lighter than the average spray tanning solution.

I've also just got some samples through. I would be very interested to hear the reviews.

It sounds great from what I have heard, the only worry is that the colour is meant to be a lot lighter than the average spray tanning solution.

Oh I've been told its deeper than other solutions because the dha is mire refined or something. The guide is meant to be lighter though. I've got my samples so planning on using them 2mo so we'll see x

Oh I've been told its deeper than other solutions because the dha is mire refined or something. The guide is meant to be lighter though. I've got my samples so planning on using them 2mo so we'll see x

Okay can you please let me know what it is like when you try it tomorrow.

I have received an information pack from them so I will have a read up on it when I get 5 minutes and if there is anything interesting in there I will let you know.

Thanks

Okay can you please let me know what it is like when you try it tomorrow.

I have received an information pack from them so I will have a read up on it when I get 5 minutes and if there is anything interesting in there I will let you know.

Thanks

I certainly will and i'll try to upload a picture if I can work out how. I put some on my tummy this morning. A splodge of tone 3 and one of tone 4. Looks a nice colour but can't see any difference between the two shades.

I have samples to try but what per centages are the tones???? I'm really confused about that!!!!
Thanks!
Hi, thank you for your question!
The LDN SKINS DHA used in the formula is 100% organic, it is more refined and therefore it has a high quality DHA.
We don't really use the percentage formulas, however we do say that our TONE3 is equivalent to 10% and TONE4 equivalent to 12% - as it is more of a refined quality of DHA you also don't need to use as much product!

Well had my tan today.:lol:
  • My daughter who sprayed me said guide colour was easy to see and sprayed lovely, a bit wetter than my usual tan, so turned gun down to 9 setting instead of 8.
  • Not much overspray when gun was turned down.
  • nice natural colour,could have gone shopping.
  • 60ml used, but my daughter does tend to overspray,lol.
  • drier than usual tan, but took abit,( probably due to too much solution )
  • Usually feel a bit off it after a tan ,problems with sinisus,but feel fine after this tan.
  • No brown ,after blowing my nose, so that's promising.
I will carry on evaluating tomorrow after wash off,and put pic on if i can remember how to.

http://
DSC03470.jpg

Last edited:
tone 3 = 10%
natural colour
none drying to skin
will comment on fade off etc...:lol:

Looks nice and natural on you. I'm just away to try mine now. Will report back xx

Right well that's me just sprayed myself with the tone 3. Had to turn my gun right down as it comes out quite wet but it went on nicely and the guide is dark enough to see what you are doing but not too dark. Wouldn't say it feels sticky but slightly oily feeling but not in a bad way. Big down point for me is the smell. Bit sickly, think it will give me a sore head but I'm funny with smells. Hopefully it won't hang around for too long. I'm going to try to post pics of the guide colour then another of the final washed off result. Hope it works. Xx

Attachments

• Aberdeen%20City-20120512-00945.jpg
    Aberdeen%20City-20120512-00945.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 406
  • Aberdeen%20City-20120512-00946.jpg
    Aberdeen%20City-20120512-00946.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 573
So I've now had a shower to reveal the fully developed colour and I'm quite pleased with it. It didn't have much of a fake tan smell through the night which is good but it did transfer onto my bedding. Here's a pic of the fully developed colour after my shower. I'll comment on the fade later in the week x

Attachments

• Aberdeen%20City-20120513-00948.jpg
    Aberdeen%20City-20120513-00948.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Aberdeen%20City-20120513-00947.jpg
    Aberdeen%20City-20120513-00947.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 191
Ummm Think this tan is a bit too golden for me, i prefer more of a brown tan. I will report back fade off, and how long it lasted.
I will be reporting on Spatan next, it's a new tan ,i must say when i tried it i was very impressed but had a bit of other tan on when i sprayed so need to get all tan off and try it out properly.xx:green:

Day 3 of my LDN Skins Tone 3 and I'm thinking its maybe a tiny bit too orange for me. It is also showing signs of wear under my watch and where my bra sits in the middle and its starting to look ever so slightly patchy. This usually happens with other brands but not as soon as this.
Has anyone else tried this brand? What did you think of it?

Latest posts

Back