Brow tint, when to throw out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flapjack

Reaction score
Hi,

How long should you keep eyebrow tint?
I have used the black/blue recently on a few clients and noticed its going a purple/blue colour which isnt good. It didnt used to do that is it because it needs replacing?

Thanks

They normally have a little symbol on the box that says 3m or 6m or 12m. That means how many months from opening. If thay time has passed, bin them

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I've had mine since I was 16 at college....I'm now 24 haha I know it's totally bad but I still use it on my own eyebrows, still works. Would never use it on anybody else though...think I may throw it out when I get home, mmmmm xx

Just bumping this thread,
I'm wondering how long tint keeps in a covered dappen dish?
I'm throwing it out after every client but its very wasteful anyone keep it for any length of time already mixed?

I'm throwing it out after every client but its very wasteful anyone keep it for any length of time already mixed?

Once it's mixed it needs to be used and thrown. Try only mixing what you need. Or try and get them to have lashes and eyebrows ;) (if you'd be using the same shade tint of course lol)

The tube itself needs throwing after the time stated on the tube. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Two hours is the max then you must dispose of it.

May I add that occasionally I mix the tint while waiting for the client to arrive but have never tested the two hour duration.

X

Jacqui x

Last edited:
I recently tried one of my own Brown tints from college (4 years ago).
It was sooo dark lol, it must obviously change the colour with age

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi thank you for that ill try get those clients in about same time if two hours, I try so hard to only squeeze out what I need and I swear the stuff just jumps right out of tube!
Loads of it I say I must be a bit heavy handed! :)

I was taught that tint will not develop any further after 15mins. Seeing as its the hydrogen peroxide that develops the colour (opposed to contact with the hairs) surely it would be useless after this time?

Maybe its just me being a hygiene freak but is that not unhygienic using the same tint on 2 diff clients, even if using seperate brushes you still have to re dip the brush at least once during the treament?

Wonder if anyone on here works for a tint manufacturer to clarify? :)

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek mobile app

I was taught that tint will not develop any further after 15mins. Seeing as its the hydrogen peroxide that develops the colour (opposed to contact with the hairs) surely it would be useless after this time?

Maybe its just me being a hygiene freak but is that not unhygienic using the same tint on 2 diff clients, even if using seperate brushes you still have to re dip the brush at least once during the treament?

Wonder if anyone on here works for a tint manufacturer to clarify? :)

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek mobile app

Completely agree xx

A hair tech will know as its 3% used in brow tinting same as one of the peroxide s in hair.

Latest posts

Back