Which skincare brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raquip

Reaction score
Hello, please help with my brand dilemma....I'm in the early stages of opening a salon in my local village and cannot decide on a skin care brand. I'd love to have Decleor however their start up costs are huge! I've used Eve Taylor and Dermalogica in the past and liked both however not many people have heard of Eve Taylor and I'm worried new clients won't try it and with Dermalogica I feel the retail side isn't good due to online stores selling it so cheaply. So should I 'stick my neck out' and go with a top brand like Decleor or should I try and promote Eve Taylor ( a cheaper option for me)??? Thoughts please xx

I had this decision when I opened my small salon and plumped for Decleor. I made back the money in no time, and when you factor in the free initial and on-going training, A&P support, rep support etc it really isn't much money in the grand scheme of things. Since taking them on the amount of facials and body treatments booked has greatly increased compared to the percentage these treatments made up in my last salon, and on the back of this my retail has increased. I personally would rather give up work than stop using Decleor!!

I had this decision when I opened my small salon and plumped for Decleor. I made back the money in no time, and when you factor in the free initial and on-going training, A&P support, rep support etc it really isn't much money in the grand scheme of things. Since taking them on the amount of facials and body treatments booked has greatly increased compared to the percentage these treatments made up in my last salon, and on the back of this my retail has increased. I personally would rather give up work than stop using Decleor!!
Hey Martin,
Haven recently joined Salon Geek I've quickly learnt you seem to be the foremost "authority" on all things Decleor. I've been a fan (consumuer/user) of Decelor for years & haven just completed my beauty/holistic therapy training, I'm keen to find out how I can become a Decleor retailer/professional user for my new spa? Would really appreciate as much info as you can provide

Eve Taylor... Its fantastic! You would not regret it!

Sent from my LT26i using SalonGeek

Could someone pm me the start up cost for decleor please x

The important thing is to try all of the brands before you buy, and don't get swayed by the glossy brochures. If you can, go have a facial from all the possibles, and see how your skin reacts
Don't rush this; it is a very important decision. If you would information and samples of SwissDermyl drop me a pm with your details and I'll have it in the post to you tomorrow.

Could someone pm me the start up cost for decleor please x

I think it's different for everyone depending on the treatments you offer, how may rooms etc. you would be best speaking to a decleor rep.

Hey Martin,
Haven recently joined Salon Geek I've quickly learnt you seem to be the foremost "authority" on all things Decleor. I've been a fan (consumuer/user) of Decelor for years & haven just completed my beauty/holistic therapy training, I'm keen to find out how I can become a Decleor retailer/professional user for my new spa? Would really appreciate as much info as you can provide

Hello! Haven't been on here for a while so only just seen this! If you contact Decleor through the Decleor uk website (either e-mail or phone) they will arrange for a rep to come up and discuss the range, opening packages, what your specific business needs are etc so you get a package tailored to your spa. The cost varies depending on how much you need, but in as part of that you also get free training (forever), promotional literature, samples, testers etc etc.

Glad to find a fellow fan of the range, I'd rather close the doors of my business than stop using Decleor!!! :D

Hi there

I started with Decleor in February and I just love it!!!!! I had a salon for 6 years and used Eve Taylor, it was a nice product to work with but clients didnt really know much about it and I hardly sold a thing, that was with recommending a product during each facial. I had used Decleor previously and was a brand I had always wanted to use so when I took the plunge of moving my business to within a recently refurbished hotel, Decleor was the brand I went with and I will never look back. The training is amazing the service is amazing and the products fly off the shelf, I dont even need to recommend a product as soon as they feel and smell the product they want it, then when they look in the mirror its confirmed that they want it!! I bought in the face and body range to start and just did one room for facials and one room for body products and it cost around £5000 but you can just start with facials. I have more than doubled my retail sales and thats just over 4 months and my facial and body treatments have rocketed. Cant put into words how much I love this brand. Good luck :D

Hi, In he past I have stocked various brands, Environ, dermalogica etc. However I was always turned off by large opening orders and tying up cash flow in heaps of stock sitting on shelves ( sometimes gathering dust- soul destroying!)

I recently became involved with a botanical Swiss ultra premium brand called Arbonne, I loved it because firstly it works , best products I have ever used, And most importantly, there is a try before you buy policy - all of your clients are offered a free 3 day trial of the products in their own homes!

Also there is no stock to purchase, as your clients can purchase and reorder online from your " own " personal Arbonne store and you earn your commission this way.

A no brainer to me - if you would like a free sample please PM me.

Hi, In he past I have stocked various brands, Environ, dermalogica etc. However I was always turned off by large opening orders and tying up cash flow in heaps of stock sitting on shelves ( sometimes gathering dust- soul destroying!)

I recently became involved with a botanical Swiss ultra premium brand called Arbonne, I loved it because firstly it works , best products I have ever used, And most importantly, there is a try before you buy policy - all of your clients are offered a free 3 day trial of the products in their own homes!

Also there is no stock to purchase, as your clients can purchase and reorder online from your " own " personal Arbonne store and you earn your commission this way.

A no brainer to me - if you would like a free sample please PM me.

Isn't that Arbonne just some pyramid selling scam? I've been approached as have countless of my clients, cohersed into meetings, then not telling in us what it's about until
we wre already there, then tried to relieve us of £1500, with the promise of a Mercedes???

Arbonne - hmmm.
Just sayin'

Look into Image I really have liked it the price is okay I think

I've just been in this situation! I'm starting up my home salon and I decided to go with Eve Taylor! After speaking to them, they were all so lovely and helpful on the phone and I loved the samples I got! I ordered my products this week and can't wait to use them!! Xx

I'm with Webecos, a dutch skincare range. I have fallen in love with them and start up costs are very low compared to others and their retail products are not too expensive so are not too difficult to sell on. They offer training at very reasonable prices, fully redeemable against products- bargain hey!

Hi there

I started with Decleor in February and I just love it!!!!! I had a salon for 6 years and used Eve Taylor, it was a nice product to work with but clients didnt really know much about it and I hardly sold a thing, that was with recommending a product during each facial. I had used Decleor previously and was a brand I had always wanted to use so when I took the plunge of moving my business to within a recently refurbished hotel, Decleor was the brand I went with and I will never look back. The training is amazing the service is amazing and the products fly off the shelf, I dont even need to recommend a product as soon as they feel and smell the product they want it, then when they look in the mirror its confirmed that they want it!! I bought in the face and body range to start and just did one room for facials and one room for body products and it cost around £5000 but you can just start with facials. I have more than doubled my retail sales and thats just over 4 months and my facial and body treatments have rocketed. Cant put into words how much I love this brand. Good luck :D

I found the same thing - service exemplary, training free and outstanding, excellent ongoing business support by my fab rep, and as a result I am selling loads and doing at least one or two Decleor facials a day! I made my opening order back in no time!!

Decleor all the way! I love it, they have a beautiful range for all different skin type. I agree its a bit pricey but the products and treatments are brilliant. If you like aromatherapy then Decleor is the way forward. xx

Arbonne - hmmm.
Just sayin'
hmmm Lynne - was asked by OP a question , which I answered. Based on my experience I gave my response . My clients love these products too - my sales alone paid my mortgage last month - did you your skin care line do the same? If you would like a free sample to be able to give an objective & helpful response to the OP , please PM me - I will have it in the post tomorrow!

There is fantastic training & support and the clinical results stack up. Come on you are a Swiss fan- anyone who knows their onions in this game acknowledges that the Swiss formulations are the best.
Let's play fair and help one another to add value to this type of forum.

Thanks Martin, appreciate your help! Just really anxious about making the right decision for my business you know..... New salon, new product, new area! It's a tall order & I don't want to over stretch myself, but I just have so much belief in the product :)

It's belief in a product that helps sell product and treatment - when you're passionate about something it almost sells itself!

Latest posts

Back