My client has patchy tan. How can I rectify it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Did my first real customer spray tan yesterday and she has complained that she is patchy and arms are different colours. I told her to come back and I will rectify it. Mortified as she is going to a wedding tomorrow. All my models I've practiced on had perfect tans so I'm mortified. :-(

How can I rectify it? X

Maybe nerves got the better of you? Or.....she didn't prep her skin properly!! Might not have been the application but what she did after!
You need to ask her exactly what she did when she got home etc. If one arm is darker than the other then id probably re-spray the lighter arm? And try do the same to any patchy bits..... Lets wait and see what others say first lol.
What tan do you use?
Don't panic she might be over reacting Xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Without seeing it it's so hard to tell... is she on any medications? Is it that time of month (oh yes... that can affect it!) is she pregnant? Did she do anything that made her sweat? Did she apply any moisturiser before or after application etc etc etc etc

She didn't moisturise the day and she said it looked OK when she got home, only her top half was a little lighter.

She didn't moisturise the day and she said it looked OK when she got home, only her top half was a little lighter.

Its difficult to help without seeing a picture opr more definitive information
If by patch you mean all over the arms only and that the rest of the body was ok then its certainly not a solution problem
If the whole arm is patchy then its likely to be poor pre tan prep to this area
If there is a particular part of the arm as you seem to indicate that the tan is overall lighter then I would suspect it is an application problem to this area
If this is the case then its easy to rectify...simply lightly mist to this area and job done
HTH and good luck :hug:

Was this before she washed the guide colour off? X

Hello, she's round in half an hour but she is now saying it's not patchy, it's just her top half is slightly lighter than her bottom half, and she has one random dark thumb. She also said one of her arms is slightly lighter than her other one. Could it just be the way the melanin in her skin reacted to the DHA? X

Its difficult to help without seeing a picture opr more definitive information
If by patch you mean all over the arms only and that the rest of the body was ok then its certainly not a solution problem
If the whole arm is patchy then its likely to be poor pre tan prep to this area
If there is a particular part of the arm as you seem to indicate that the tan is overall lighter then I would suspect it is an application problem to this area
If this is the case then its easy to rectify...simply lightly mist to this area and job done
HTH and good luck :hug:

Thanks. And thanks to everyone for helping. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm such a perfectionist that this is really mortifying! :-(

Right my clients been and gone, and to be honest with you, she looked fine! It looked perfect! One arm was the teeniest bit lighter than the other arm but I really had to look for ages and you really couldn't tell. I think she may have just wanted to go darker. I was actually really impressed with my work! Lol.

I re did her again, full body as I want her to be happy but I future I'll give her a 12% instead of 10%. I just wanted her to be happy as she mentioned re booking for another tan for another wedding.

I didn't charge her.

I could have bet money on it not being as bad as she made out! Sometimes people over react about tans, especially when its for a big event like a wedding.
Glad the problems been solved for you hun Xx
Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Glad it worked out for you. Maybe she was just slightly OCD, I've been like it in the past!

Can I jump in and ask why does time of the month affect a tan? Hormones obviously, but what happens?

I really want to know so I can avoid the wrong time! And when exactly is the wrong time? Leading up to, during or after?

:)

Latest posts

Back