Dehydrated Skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
After visiting the Eve Taylor counter today and having a brief chat with one of the ladies she told me my skin looks dehydrated, particularly my cheeks. I've never had much of a skin regime but after some very helpful advice from dandelion poppy, I have started to cleanse, tone and moisturise plus exfoliate twice a week. I have looked in to having a facial locally but just can't afford at the minute. My skin generally is dry from my scalp to my knees etc. but my T zone is slightly oily. After I've washed my face my cheeks feel tight and my nose is also dry. I know I don't drink any where near enough water and I really should but I just hate plain water and now matter how much I tell myself I should drink more I always find myself reaching for the kettle instead. Would flavoured water help at all? I know it's not as good as plain water but surely it's better than nothing at all??? Plus I've only ever used high street facial products mainly Olay, I've tried to look into other products but there either too expensive or I get swamped by so many options and just give up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Gem x

Clarins do a fabulous range for dehydrated skin, might be worth checking them out.

I think I'm right in saying that the evidence showing positive effects of drinking your 8 glasses of water a day on the skin has been questioned in recent years. Drink fluids to stay healthy but it won't necessarily make a huge difference to your skin.

What is likely to impact it more are environmental effects such as heating, weather, air conditioning, all of which are guilty of dehydrating the skin enormously if you don't protect it.

Clarins do a fabulous range for dehydrated skin, might be worth checking them out.

I think I'm right in saying that the evidence showing positive effects of drinking your 8 glasses of water a day on the skin has been questioned in recent years. Drink fluids to stay healthy but it won't necessarily make a huge difference to your skin.

What is likely to impact it more are environmental effects such as heating, weather, air conditioning, all of which are guilty of dehydrating the skin enormously if you don't protect it.

Thank you I will have a look at Clarins today x

You need to have a look at The Hydra Quench Serum & Hydra Quench Cream both by Clarins. Fantastic hydrating products!
Flavoured water will defiantly go towards your daily water intake!
Foods such as melon, celery & cucumber are good for hydrating the skin too xx

You really must drink more water! Yes, flavoured water is fine but watch out for ones that contain sugar.

I would recommend Origins Drink Up mask, it's fantastic and you'll see and feel a difference with one use.

Also, try to cleanse with a natural balm cleanser or oil cleanser (mineral oil free. This will make sure you're not stripping the dry areas and will counteract the oily areas. Avoid any foaming face washes. x

Thanks ladies will look into those, I'm useless when it comes to looking after myself but now I'm in my 30's I really need a kick up the bum x

Any cleanser that requires the need of water to remove can affect the ph balance of your skin, foaming or not. Always use toner & blot your skin dry to prevent further dehydration!

Hi,

your skin regime is very good. Although I would avoid the toner as it is drying your skin out. It is advisable to use a basic moisturier - any will do and different people will agree with different ones. I must say the expensive brands are not really any better than the standard brands.

Unless you already have aged or sun damaged skin I would continue to use a standard moisturiser with atleast SPF 30 all year round and SPF 50 in summer - Heliocare is good and non-greasy - it also comes in gel or cream ( I prefer cream).

If you use this for life and drink plenty of water you will be able to avoid having to see the likes of me and save plenty of money.

If you are concerned about premature skin ageing etc then I can reccommend medical grade skin products and a combination of chemical peel or dermaroller.

Dr Hardik Patel
www.drhardikpatel.com

Latest posts

Back