Bad acne on chin!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sally1982

Reaction score
Im getting really fed up as i used to get really bad breakouts around hormonal time of the month but lately it seems to be constant on my chin its awful !im looking into getting something as have had enough does anyone have any reccomendations?
x

I have the same problem, have changed my make up, started drinking decaf, loads of water etc, its horrible :( i use clinque at the moment after going into a local dept store and having a consultation done. Interested in seeing if any different recommendations pop up here.
Sent from my GT-S5360

The cause of people's acne outbreaks is rooted in their diet and lifestyle choices, which causes an imbalance of hormones that stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce excess oil. Stress can also play a part. That's why facial skin care products fail in the long run for so many people. Even if they do get some initial success (and usually only people with mild acne do), the acne usually comes back if they stop using the products, because they were only treating the symptoms of the problem.

If you are an acne sufferer, you have to target the root cause to get your skin clear for good. I used to have bad acne, and i used almost every skin care product out there, believe me. But none of them worked.

I got rid of it in the end, but what you have to do is change your diet and lifestyle, because that's what's causing it. It took me a couple of months, but i've never had any problems since. The free report on THIS SITE can show you the right way to start getting rid of it.

Diet is not the only contributory factor in hormonal inbalances:

What Causes Hormone Imbalances In Women? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Your Dr is able to help should anything of that nature be a possible cause. There are medicines that can succesfully help re balance - dianette - the contraceptive pill gave me years of relief from mild acne.

I do agree diet is very important & as is stress, as mentioned in the article.

Beware of harsh products that strip the natural oils in your skin - this only eccacerbates the problem. I have worked for and tried almost every range... i'm currently liking neals yard remedys - worth a try!

Good luck with finding something that works for you x

Last edited:
md formulations...can't rate it enough. i did their training, had really bad acne before i started using it and 3 months after had cleared up. still use it to this day and get the odd spot but nothing compared to what it used to be, i used to be embarrassed stepping out the door and wouldnt see my bf for a week/call in work sick as i was so embarrassed about my skin and now i can hardly remember that part of my life - was about 18 months ago! btw, your skin does get worse before it gets better so bear with it and you will have lovely skin in no time. as it gets all the rubbish out first, takes about a month for your skin to get used to it. find a local salon that stocks it/mobile therapist and they will be able to help you with an affordable/suitable skin care reigime. is expensive but when you weight it up not THAT expensive as most of their creams/face wash last 4+ months on me and if you keep chopping and changing skincare products and leave them in the draw that will cost a fair amount and i KNOW this stuff works. wouldnt touch dermalogica if i were you - well marketed rubbish product!

md formulations...can't rate it enough. i did their training, had really bad acne before i started using it and 3 months after had cleared up. still use it to this day and get the odd spot but nothing compared to what it used to be, i used to be embarrassed stepping out the door and wouldnt see my bf for a week/call in work sick as i was so embarrassed about my skin and now i can hardly remember that part of my life - was about 18 months ago! btw, your skin does get worse before it gets better so bear with it and you will have lovely skin in no time. as it gets all the rubbish out first, takes about a month for your skin to get used to it. find a local salon that stocks it/mobile therapist and they will be able to help you with an affordable/suitable skin care reigime. is expensive but when you weight it up not THAT expensive as most of their creams/face wash last 4+ months on me and if you keep chopping and changing skincare products and leave them in the draw that will cost a fair amount and i KNOW this stuff works. wouldnt touch dermalogica if i were you - well marketed rubbish product!

also, it's water-based and not oil-based like so many other products so gives your skin the hydration it actually needs instead of clogging with oil

dont mean to bang on about it haha, but the two products you should initially buy as said by md (the correct and protect stages) are:

continuous renewal complex/serum (serum may be better if you have really oily skin, i love the complex though) use just at night for the first week, then day and night for the second/continuos weeks

protect is the facial spf30. you can get it tinted also if you wanted a bit of a cover up. should use day and night.

you can then add bits into your routine as and when you can afford them such as the facial wash, the vit-a clearing complex (only to be used at night after the first two weeks of using renewal complex as the sun destroys the vitamin a in it so pointless using during the day) also you can add the face and body scrub, the clearing masque and the skin perfection gel, the skin perfection gel is to be used on each individual spot, not the whole of the face. all products have glycolic acid in which is found naturally in the body, can use from any age and is 100% natural but 100% works!!! hope this helps ladies, I LOVE IT!!! (if you couldnt tell). You may not have heard of it but it's the product like of BareMinerals. they dont want it to be too well marketed like dermalogica because it's too special to them and only want a few select locations to have it :)

Hey hun, I had the same problem on my chin, so I decided to get off the pill and try the coil!! Worst thing I've ever done!! I'm now on roaccutane 3months and counting, I developed cystic acne aswell as spots!! I'm now on Yasmin pill, really good pill!! Helps with problem skin!! I'd go to ur gp who will give u creams, don't wax I did and took my skin off!! If that doesn't work then they may refere u to a dermatologist who will put u on roaccutane, not a nice drug but it sorts ur skin out, hope u get it sorted! Btw u have to ask ur gp for Yasmin they won't just give it u, as it's expensive xxx

Try bioderma cleanser I've tried lots of things but this has really helped my skin It's French so it's hard to get hold of but u can get it on eBay and it's fine x

You could try taking some supplement's like evening primrose oil they help to balance hormones you can get these in health food store. There is also a skin care range called danne montaque king which is super for problem skin. Best of luck it's horrible having breakouts

Thankyou for all your replies, i have kind of been putting off going to the doctors as feel like a time waster ifykwim, i know i def need to find a good skin care routine and stick with it but its trying to fibd what will work for me. out of interest has anyone tried Bioderma? Thanks x

Apart from diet and lifestyle and general skin care regime the next step would be a retinoid based cream from your GP.

A mild one to start with and they work wonderfully (I know as I had very bad acne).

Hormonal variation is difficult to treat and some oral contraceptives can help with that.

On a positive note your acne prone and therefore oily skin will age less than others so you will look younger for longer.
:)

www.drhardikpatel.com

also you could try panoxyl cream that is also very good! x

Latest posts

Back